"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, February 29, 2016

Staying In The Funk





Hi guys!
No doubt I've been M.I.A for a bit now. I promise, it's not something I like doing. A lot of water has gone under the bridge. I really wish I could lay it all out to you but I'm not that expressive and let's be straight, who want to read paragraph of endless chatter right? ;) Besides, I don't need to write a novel for  me to send my message across.

But what the heck is that message? That's what I asked myself when I started writing this post. What am I trying to tell you? I feel like I have so much to say, and everything wants to come out all at once that I don't know what to say. But I guess we all need to start somewhere. 

I ended 2015 ended far from home while completing an exchange program in Canada. I still get mixed feelings when I think of my experience. I think about the fact that it was not at all what I had expected and the fact that it was full of surprises. I shared some pretty unforgettable moments with some unforgettable people. Yet, at the end of it all, I couldn't wait to get back home.

Coming back home also had it's surprises.. 


All in all, it's been an eventful 6 months. But not the kind of eventful we love to boast about. There's been a lot of questioning, facing facts, searching, not to talk of loneliness, letting go & pain. 
Yes, pain. The pain of fighting, the pain of letting be, the pain of growth..

But this post is not about that. 

Whatever happened, happened. I trust God that it is all in His plan and it is all for my good and the glory of His name.
Right now I want to focus about staying in the funk. My funk.

For years I'd been so used to multi-tasking and getting my hands on all the million and one things that I called my interests that now, it's like I am trying to do a rewiring. 

What I'm saying is this: I don't want to let whatever is going on to be an excuse for me loose my focus  or just forget what I am all about. What I am saying is this: it is so easy to forget. It is so easy to be paralyzed by pain, crippled by fear or suddenly discouraged by a drastic turn of events.

It's not an easy task, and this post is not here to convince you it is at all but rather to tell you that it is essential to remain in the funk. 
Keep doing what you do, how you do it. As we grow and go through certain things, we make changes to our lives but all in all, do not let anyone or anything deny the rest of the world from benefiting from your uniqueness and more importantly, do not let anyone or anything rob you of yourself.
Do what you know best to do. Shine even if you feel like your flame has been put out. Brighten others even if you feel like you're darker than a cloudy day on the inside. Dance even if you feel like your life has been echoing with sad tunes. Create even if you feel like your world is crashing down.
It's not easy but start by:

1. reminding yourself of who you are and your worth
We often forget when going through trials and difficult times making low self-esteem and a lack of self-worth kick in.

2. reminding yourself of the bigger picture and how far you've come
This puts everything back into perspective. The bit of the journey you are passing through right now might seem unbearable, but remind yourself of why it's worth it and the past battles you've been through.

3. reminding yourself of what you love to do and why it's worth doing
This is to reinstate the happiness/contentment that may have disappeared. This happiness/contentment can also be joy when it is not dependant on your environnement(but that's a story for another day). 

All in all, don't forget this is a journey. All we can do is make the most of it.

I'll stop here for this post. Again, who wants to read paragraph after paragraph of a blog post? No one right?

In the mean time, 
continue doing what you do best.


2 comments:

  1. This was such an amazing post.
    Glad to see you back here on your blog. I love it.
    You are right, even while we are in our funk, we can be a blessing to others.

    This post was definitely a blessing to me. I needed the encouragement. Thank you.

    www.funmiwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to be paralyzed by pain, crippled by fear and discouraged by drastic turn of events...true. what if this is an everyday feeling? How I get out? *so many questions in my head* Today, I feel like I am back at square one. smh. I am already making people around me uncomfortable..I'll try to put smiles on their faces even though I am unhappy inwards. May God help us all.

    Thanks for blogging again.

    www.slimqueenie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top