"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Weight Loss Diaries: Workout Lessons






On January the 6th 2013, I started doing something I never did before: I started working out everyday. I started small, very small yet it was a big leap for me at the time. I was bent out of shape and just not happy in my own skin anymore. I atarted with 30 minutes or so of cardio and workied my way through the months, slowly oncreasing my efforts and playing around with workout routines as I progressed. 



To cut a long story short, I never missed a single workout for nearly 3 years straight. Last two Sundays ago was the very first time I did not workout for years. But it was necessary. After weeks of accumulated fatigue, both physical and mental due to a poor eating regimen and lack of slepe amongst many other things, my body was crying for me to stop. I was so tired my body could barely take it and I realized I was pushing myself to workout to not fee guilty. But by the time I realized I was doing more harm than good to my body and my workouts were not yielding any positive results, I knew I had to stop and just take care of my body first. Thank God for removing my stubborness for a second. 



After a week of rest, I started working out again today. Boy, I felt it. But it fel so good to be back at it, now stronger. This has taught me 2 very important lessons:



1. Sometimes, less is really more. Learn to listen to your body instead of running it to the ground. Get loads of rsst, eat well and learn to stop when your body needs it. Maybe that's why you're not seeing the results you want.



2. It is easy to lose your resistance!! Today, I learnt that the hard way. In just a week my hamstrings and core muscles had lost a bit of resistance. This all goes down to staying consistant instead of going hard for a bit then letting go for a while. 
For those working towards their body goals, keep pushing! I see you and I respect that👊



***By the way, I am loving my YES, WE ARE BLESSED tank from Jcluforever. It's old but I am really starting to enjoy it now after digging it up from my wardrobe a few weeks ago :) Head over there for some cool Faith-filled printed tees, tanks, sweats and more!***

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you gave your body the break that it deserves.
    You are such an encouragement to me.... so nice!
    www.deargoddiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Funmi: Thank you so much sis for your support! That really made my day. I am really happy to hear that :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top