"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Friday, May 15, 2015

Mirror Mirror



I could never look myself in the mirror. Somehow, it hurt to see my reflection. To see that girl stare back at me. Sometimes she felt like a stranger. Other times, she was just okay. I wanted to get away from her. From her looks. From her thoughts. From her past. 

It never really dawned on me I had a hard time accepting me for who I was until my late teenage years. I remember one day, after the revelation, I locked myself in the bathroom and I stared hard at my reflection. I scrutinized every detail. I shed tears I think. I only left that bathroom after I came to the realization I could be nobody else but her.

Self-acceptance has been a process. A thornfilled path full of so many dead roses yet filled with so much healing has led me to discovering and embracing the woman God wants me to be. 
It took me years. I don't have time to start convincing anyone else. 

So it's ok to not like what you see. I'll keep it moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top