"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Recipe } Sugar-Free Banana & Oatmeal Cookies



When I embarked on my weight loss journey over two years ago, I needed healthier alternatives for my meals especially when it came to breakfast and snacking. Always being on the go and sometimes short for energy in between meals, I needed a healthy snack option. "Healthy snack" bars were ruled out when I discovered the high sugar and additive levels in most of them leaving me with just fruits. However I wanted more, so I decided to experiment a bit. I decided to bring unite my love for fruits and oatmeal. I knew oatmeal - being a good carb - was a great source of slow sugars and not to mention a favorite of mine. 

To help me get started, I decided to work with a few recipes found online and tweaked them according to my preferences.

These babies are sweet, crunchy and energising hunger-chasers. Whether it be for breakfast or in between meals, these really hit the spot. And the best part is : there is no place for guilt. Containing no added sugar or any unnecessary additives, but vitamins & nutrients packed ingredients, these Oatmeal Cookies are great for keeping away excess weight and staying fit & healthy.

Check out the recipe -- 

A. Ingredients : 

4 cups of oatmeal
6 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
3 tsp of nutmeg
3 tsp of cinnamon


B. Directions : 

1. Mash bananas in a mixing bowl until a thick paste is created
2. Add oatmeal to bananas
3. Add nutmeg and cinnamon to milk 
4. Add milk to the rest of the mix
5. Mix eggs
6. Add eggs to mix
7.  Mix everything until mix becomes homogenous
8. Preheat oven (at least 150°C/302°F)
9. Prepare an oven tray with a baking paper 
10. Scoop a tbsp of the mix (or as you wish) on the baking tray and press down to make it look like a regular cookie or mould as you wish
11. Place in the oven and leave the temperature at 150°C/302°F or change to 180°C/356°F
12. Leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on what type of oven you have - Check regularly!


These quick pretty easily and can easily burn depending on how you want it so keep an eye on them. If they are not sweet enough for you, you can add honey as you wish which is still better than regular table sugar or regular sweet snacks. You can even add nuts, other fruits and berries as you wish! Play around with it and tell me what you think!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top