"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Letters Of Encouragement : Misunderstood


I have always felt misunderstood. However, whether this was due to my lack of being able to fully express myself or the way people perceived me, I did not know. From an early age I knew I was different. I thought different, spoke different and did different. And even when I tried to fit in, I was fighting a failing battle. 

Now grown, I am okay with being misunderstood. No more trying to justify, explain or reveal myself. This is not necessary to be who I am. Embracing that person has been one of [if not so] the biggest battles I have ever had to fight so far - being misunderstood is just a small price to pay.

The other day, I came across a quote on instagram that said "You should be so into God that people would have to know Him to understand you". It brought a smile to my face and confirmed my indifference towards being misunderstood. That's when God revealed a  deeper dimension of the matter to me.

I realized, being a child of God, I had to be misunderstood. God  opened my eyes to the fact that, it was expected. I remembered Moses who became the subject of Miriam & Aaron's gossiping when he married a Cushite (Numbers 12); Joseph was hated by his brothers when when he told them his dream (Genesis 37) & David was thought to be sneaky by his brothers when he came to the war camp to see how they were doing not to talk of being thought crazy when he stood out to oppose Goliath (1 Samuel 17)...The list goes on but what all these events (and others) have taught me is this : in life, we will be misunderstood, a lot but as long as we are right with God, we have nothing to fear or to be bothered about.  Even a simple explanation is not necessary.
Stay focused and keep it moving.

Shalom








4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glory be to God.
      Thank you for passing by.
      God bless you dear sis :)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. A lot of Christians including myself struggle with this because of course we are not of this world and trying to cope or blend is just a struggle in and of itself. But we are called to stand out and be different! The bible says to come out from among them, so being misunderstood kinda just comes with the package and when we understand that then we can move forward. Different is not bad but the world makes it seem so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis!
      You are right! Thank you for sharing. I love that verse that says "come out from among them". Indeed it is part of the package and the world marks out anything that is different as bad!

      God bless you richly!

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top