"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

5 Must Have Skin Care Ingredients In Your Kitchen 

Time and time again, I have spoken about the simplicity of a healthy skin care regimen. I sometimes still wonder at some time and money consuming regimens I hear about. But seriously ladies, it doesn't have to be complicated. You can get effective results by doing the right things. First of all, a good skin care regimen starts with the right products. When I mean products, I'm not talking about the ones that burn a whole in your wallet but rather the simple, affordable yet very effective every day ingredients that are so easily overlooked.  
Just so you know it's for real, I've compiled a list of 5 ingredients you can find in your kitchen that you should be using and why.

Extra virgin olive oil Extra virgin olive oil a natural emollient. It's something we all grew up with or at least have had in our kitchen at on point in time. Extra virgin olive oil is used for a lot of things, from oil lamps to cooking however, we often forget it's benefits for the skin. Because of it's  ability to penetrate the skin, it is a great cleanser. I personally use it as part of my facial cleansing oil to remove make up and I've never had to use any commercial make up remover ever since. It is much more gentle than any product you can find in your local store and leaves the skin moisturized.
In addition, for dry skin, extra virgin olive oil can also be used to retain moisture after cleansing. It also improves skin elasticity and helps increase skin regeneration and by doing so helps to remove scars (to a certain level).

Honey : Honey may be sweet to taste but it can also be a sweet treat for your skin. It's a natural gentle cleanser that leaves the skin clean yet moisturized. I use honey every morning to cleanse my face and it's always a wonderful experience compared to using commercial products that make my skin feeling stiff and itchy.

{Natural}Yoghurt : Yoghurt is full of protein, lactose (the sugar found in milk) and fat which is not only good for your body but your skin too. Using yogurt as a mask or with a mask will help improve moisture levels and skin regeneration. I use yoghurt with my face masks and it leaves my skin soft and smooth.

AVC : Another cheap kitchen ingredient. Diluting just a teaspoon of it in a glass of water and using part of it as a toner or a facial rinse will help remove whatever dirt might have evaded your cleanser. Apart from being a gentle cleanser, it also helps restore the skin's pH to it's slightly acidic value (5-5.5). This acidic pH is important because it helps ward off bacterial infection. 

Green tea : You didn't see this one coming right? Green tea is great to drink (YUM!) but next time you make yourself a cup, think of your skin too. It can be used as a natural toner because it helps to restore the skin's pH, cleanse and packs the skin with powerful antioxidants to protect it. Green tea has been a great addition to my skin care regimen.

Try these ingredients next time you think of your skin and your skin will thank you for it!
What hoemmade ingredient have you incorporated in your skin care regimen?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top