"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, June 26, 2014

What's Fab : {New In}




Hi!
I mentioned on my last post that I was in the Netherlands last week (what a place). Though it wasn't as warm as it should be for the month of June - in fact it was quite cold, but I guess it's not called the NETHERlands for nothing - I had a great time. I especially enjoyed shopping in Amsterdam and Utretch (where I was mainly staying). There is a diversity of shops I don't really see back home and most of them are found in the same area (making moving around really easier). Though the time was short, I was able to get a few things. Here are some of the things I got :



First up are my new pair of Air Force 1 Mid in black. Being an all time fan of the white version I'd always eyed these babies from afar and never really thought I'd get them - at least not very soon. Well, I  had not planned to. Actually, what happened was, while in Utrecht, I stopped by Footlocker. It was actually supposed to be for fun and nothing else, but my eyes fell on these babies below.




I'm not a particular fan of Jordans for two main reasons :
1. too pricey
2. not crazy about the designs 
But I love the colour way of this particular pair. When I tried them out, they were a little small but thought I'd be able to work with them. When I got home, I found out I wouldn't be able to walk in it for long. The next day, I took it back. Not only didn't they have my size but they refused to give me back my money. I was very disappointed because I had not been informed. The Footlocker employee told me it was written on the receipt - well, sir, one, I do no speak Dutch and two, I would only have discovered that after! I was very far from pleased. When I asked him if he knew of any Footlocker that had the shoe in my size, he pointed us to one in Amsterdam, nearly 1 hour away. I was inclined to try. However, when we got to that Footlocker, they did not have the shoe at all and the  employee there was surprised to hear the one at Utrecht was able to see their stock. He said it was not possible that in fact, they didn't have such an application. I was shocked. So the other guy had just put me on a wild goose chase. The guy at Footlocker number 2 in Amsterdam directed me to another one, and that one didn't have it either. Each Footlocker directed me to another one. I entered 4 or 5 different Footlockers that day! And each time, the employees were incoherent with what their colleagues at the other Footlockers had told me. To top it all up, they didn't have internet and couldn't look up the shoe. I had to provide the code (that I didn't have) for them to even look up the shoe. It was a real mess. My the end of the day, I gave up on that shoe and went back to Footlocker number 2. There I had to spend the gift card I got at Footlocker number 1. It was a lot of money and I was angry I couldn't have it back in cash. It took nearly 2 hours but I finally decided to go with the Air Forces and a few accessories. 
In short, I'd never shopped at Footlocker and I'd never really been attracted to do so because I find they have a very limited choice of merchandise but this experience has vaccinated me for good. I was not pleased at all.

But, I am happy I was able to get my air forces which are the only black shoes I think I can wear (I am not a fan of black shoes). However, under the strain of the day, I forgot my size was a half size bigger than what I actually got. So, no long walks with these babies.



I snatched these from a shop I was introduced to at the Schiphol airport upon my arrival - HEMA. They sell just about everything from  bath and body products to breakfast and lunch. Everything there is also very affordable. I got these for 1.50 to 2.50 euros. I first snatched the rosy brown colour (far right) at the air port along with a brownish green colour (not pictured) then got the others during my stay. The colours are warm, discreet & nude like colors. The varnish is also easy to apply & quick drying. They were really a bargain!


I had the chance to visit the Forever21 at Amsterdam. I used to be all about that Forever21 hype a few years back but now that has died down so I wasn't really expecting much when I stepped into the 3 stylish, 3-floor building that contained the shop. However, what I wasn't expecting was how high the prices were. Forever21 used to be pretty affordable to me. I don't know if that has changed or they are just taking advantage of Europeans. Whatever the case, I couldn't pick up anything I really like (too pricey or just not my taste). However, their jewellery section caught my eyes. Saw a couple of things I liked and after going back on forth a couple of times, I finally picked these and I am absolutely glad! Simple yet elegant. These are going to be fun to play with!



I got this from the I am store in Utrecht. At home, I am not normally an I am fan but their accessories in Utretch really caught my eye. I got a few other things but these earrings are one of my favorite picks. The prices were pretty affordable and the choice of products plenty!



This was my last purchase in Utrecht before I left Holland. Immediately I saw this, the message just won my heart. I have recently fallen in love with sweaters and t-shirts with a message: being stylish and an inspiration all at the same time. Baby sis approved and before I knew it she was paying for it already. This was from MANGO, which has just recently become one of my favorite stores : versatility, fun, elegance, simplicity and affordability all meet there. And to top to all, there was a sale going on!

 


2 comments:

  1. I love all of these! Especially that jersey! P E R F E C T!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top