"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Friday, February 28, 2014

Faithful Is His Name

-source-

Hello to the blog family! 
First and foremost, happy new year 2014! I pray this year will be filled with God's blessings, grace and amazing resurrection power in your life and the lives of your loved ones.
When I first took to writing this post, I had no idea what to write. Should I start by filling you in on what I'd been doing? Or should I just take up from where I stopped? 
The latter choice was crossed off the list. I've missed blogging, no doubt, and I am still very much interested in keeping datfunkyfro.com up but something I do not want to do is exactly the same things I used to do. It's a new year and so many things have gone on between my last post and now that there is no way I can keep doing things like I used to. 
Change has come.
And from all directions too.
There is room for change, even here.
So how was I going to share, catch-up and let you in on all the gist? I pondered.
Then I realized the only way to sum it all up was to illustrate God's faithfulness.

During these last few months, sometimes I've felt as if I've seen all four seasons in my life. Sometimes at once, other times one at a time. Some seasons have been longer than others and of course, some have been less pleasant than the others. To show you how faithful God has been to me, I decided to choose one of the things He's been doing. I picked this particular one because it's something that I felt in my heart I really have to share not only because it's an awesome show of God's immense faithfulness but I was blown away so much so that I cannot help but shout it out at the top of my voice.

Here's what I'm talking about : On the second or third day of this month, after taking out the amount I needed for bills and other expenses, I found my bank account was practically on zero. 
This was just the beginning of the month. As I walked down that post office to pay my bills, I'm not sure what I was thinking about but I was abuzz with thoughts and a sort of fatigue rested upon me. At one point I remember telling myself to not pay one of the bills so as to keep the money for whatever I might need it for during the month. My stubborn will refused and before I could stop myself I'd paid the bills and I was leaving the post office. As I walked down the street, I thought it over and over again and tried to mentally calculate how much I'd need during the month and what I could afford going without. And as fear started to grip me with it's ugly hands, I recalled how God has been sustaining me. Right there, I made the conscious decision to give it to Him. I simply let go. No more calculating, planning or anticipating. I couldn't do it on my own. I have not been doing it on my own. I went back home that day and all I could do was say, "Lord, the ball is in your court".
With that, it became His problem what I'd live on. Not mine. 
To cut a long story short, it's the 28th of the month. Tomorrow is a new month.
Question is : 
Have I lacked?
Have I had to call on man for help?

The answer to those questions is no.
My testimony is this : God has provided for every single one of my needs in amazing ways.

I can't illustrate it well nor are words enough for me to describe God's faithfulness. He's always been faithful. Not just this month or last month or even the next month.

I thank Him for turning my test to a testimony. Whatever the test or situation, know God is faithful. He has been acquainted with that situation even before you stepped into it. He knows it's beginning and it's end. Nothing surprises Him. If Jesus was able to sleep comfortably through a storm, we should be able to lie right next to Him and fall asleep too {Mark 4:28}. God wants us to get comfortable and at rest in Him no matter the situation. Just forget the facts and throw yourself in the ocean of is love and watch yourself float. 
He's got you.
I can't tell you any other way about what I've been up to other than with these words : God is faithful.

May God strengthen your faith and uphold you in whatever season you may find yourself in right now.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that change is everywhere. And your blog is your space to fill. I do hope to continue seeing some yoruba language items and some insights in Nigerian life. It interests me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi smiley!
      Thank you for your lovely comments. I will try my best to get back to posting more on the Yoruba language and on Nigeria.
      God bless you

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. All the glory be to God sis!
      Thank you for dropping by :)
      God bless you

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top