"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Friday, September 27, 2013

The Geneva Healthy Hair Meet 2013...and more.



Hi!

Need I say how long it has been since I last did this or been here? No, I'm sure you know. I don't even know where to start. It's been a blessed summer...I've been abuzz with activities on my end. I thank God because He has been faithful. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am or describe what He has done. Even as I sit here writing this, I my heart is swollen with joy and it feels like it's going to burst just thinking of the goodness of God.

Before I begin to recount what I have been up to, let me just clarify that I am still an avid lover of blogging but other priorities have not permitted me to invest time in it like I used to. I would still love to read your comments and get back to you but as you may have noticed, I have not been able to do either of those as I used to either but don't let that discourage you from leaving a word. Remember, you can also always reach me by mail, which I try to reply to as soon as I get the chance.

Now that that's said, let me give you a quick recount of what has been going on here on my end.
Firstly, work kept me busy all through the summer. I mean, real busy.




Secondly, I was working on a hair meet up during the summer which by God's amazing grace, took place during the first week of September. The meet up was called, The Geneva Healthy Hair Meet Up and entirely hosted by Arewa NATURALS. It was a moment of sharing the little I knew, discussing about pressing issues related to black women and their hair & getting to know Arewa NATURALS' products better. It was amazingly mind blowing. I never thought I'd have been able to organize such a thing. In fact, when the idea was first birthed in my mind, it seemed like a fairy tale but when I found myself standing before those ladies on that Saturday morning, all I could do was be in awe of God. He has been faithful. The The Geneva Healthy Hair Meet Up really surpassed my expectations. These ladies were thirsty and wanted so much to learn about caring for their hair. There was no doubt there was a need. I was humbled to see the little I knew and have learnt could be of such help. As I discussed with these women and dug deep into the issues that surround black hair care, I came across the skeletons of widespread misconceptions I had also held on to years ago. Overall, the ladies were receptive, excited and thirsty for more. Words cannot express the joy I felt just seeing them receive, learn and understand. My goal was to emancipate. It's my desire and passion to turn the miseducation black women have received and are still receiving into a proper education. So standing there and living out that passion was nothing less than breathtaking. 
Tiring though, it was worth every moment of it. Every sweat shed; every sleepless night; every moment was worth it. Making so many Arewa NATURAL's products, bottling them and labeling them was not an easy task but it was a true joy. I was so overwhelmed with joy, I didn't even know how to thank those that helped out.
May God reward them all abundantly!

Don't forget I have an online store now so you don't have an excuse not to spoil yourself from head to toe with some Arewa NATURALS' goodies! And the line keeps growing! Check out the latest products : 

Thirdly, school is back! Yes, I am back at school and my schedule is just as busy. It's funny cause I've always dreamt of a life with a buzz in it...Well, I can say I'm really abuzz these days. Truth is, wouldn't change it or trade it. I am grateful for this life God has given me and for the strength He supplies for me to live it. As long as He gives the grace, let's do it! 
There are soooo many things I want to share with you all - God, hair, clothes, make up and more - but don't fret, in due time, I'll share them.

For now, thank you for staying put with me!
God bless you!


4 comments:

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top