"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, July 13, 2013

What She Wore : Forever African



Hi!
I'm back with another outfit post...This one's different though...
I'm wearing an Nigerian outfit made from ankara. Firstly, let me stress how much I love ankara. Versatile, lovely yet unique. What can you not do with ankara? I even made a scrunchie with it, remember? True, it's sometimes hard to find that tailor that will do just what you want but these days, talented tailors are cropping up not only in Africa but all over. The tailor that made this particular outfit is, by me, the most talented I have ever known.







A simple outfit yet so elegant and - need I say it? - comfortable. Another great thing about this outfit is that the top or skirt can be worn alone to other "non-african" pieces of clothing like a shirt or jeans and let me tell you it doesn't make the outfit look any less great.

This outfit alone is a statement and it speaks volumes, but if they do ask, I'll gladly say, "I am forever African".

❤❤

12 comments:

  1. Check you out!!! You better goo head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it okay to admit that I'm drooling for that outfit? Wow! Very, very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis!! I saw your invite -thank you - but it has expired!! Can I please get another one?

      Delete
  3. Very pretty as well as you look great (weight loss envy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Love the outfit, hair and of course kudos for how far you've come in your weight loss journey. Go ahead! Can't wait to get where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Presh! :D Glory to God.
      Keep on going sis!!

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top