"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Weight Loss Diaries : So Far



Six months ago, I embarked on a weight loss journey. I had my goals, I was armed with knowledge and I was downright determined to make it work this time. I gave myself a year to get to my primary weight loss goal and set some guidelines. Did I have doubts? Did I have questions? Did I think I would give up? In some moments yes! But I focused more on my goal and what I had to do to get there. I put emphasis on the now; the little changes that would make a difference tomorrow and took the baby steps that would get me to the goal. 
Six months later, giving glory to God alone, I can happily say, I have reached my goal. 

Looking back now, I would never have thought I'd have been able to loose so much weight in such a time frame. It still bewilders me sometimes when I see myself in the mirror and I can barely take it in. I have never been this fit in my life. That had always been my ultimate goal, to lead a healthy lifestyle. Weight loss is just a consequence of that lifestyle. 

There were easy days and there were not so easy days but I give God all the glory who stood with me all through and gave me the determination and strength. Philippians 4 : 13 was my motto: "I can do all this through him who gives me strength".

Some of my weight loss stats --

Primary weight loss goal : 20 kg / 44 lb.

Secondary weight loss goal : 26 kg / 57 lb.

Actual weight loss : 26 kg / 57 lb.

Weight loss period : 6 months


Stay encouraged & stay focused!



13 comments:

  1. I'm working on losing and getting fit myself. Amazing transformation dearie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis!! :)
      Keep up the hard work!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! This is so good to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow,you look good...healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you did it so quickly ! Congrats ! Keep going, stay focus and do not take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!! :)
      Can't believe it either sis. I give all the glory to God.
      I've come too far and learnt too much to take it for granted!
      Thanks dear! Pray you're doing great!

      Delete
  5. You lost 26kg??????? That is so incredible. That is more than half of what I weigh.

    Really really proud of you. Way to go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!! :)
      Lol!! When you put it that way...
      Glory be to God!!

      Delete
  6. Wow. I look at you each day and think...WOW. Great job Sis. You can do anything with God's strength if you put your mind to it and cling to Him. Your weight loss journey, natural hair journey, your sowing and so much more. LOVE YOU dear!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top