"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Soul Food : My All

-source-


These past few days, I've been trying to deal with a few issues that had come my way. It's been a bit hard discerning precisely what God wanted to show me through these different situations but yesterday, it finally clicked. I realized that it wasn't about "dealing" with the situations because whatever the case, I was inapt to do so. I realized I wasn't in control, God was. So how could I manage anything? God's lesson through all these situations thus became clear to me. 

I realized I wasn't totally focusing on God. Yes, I was trusting Him to guide me and looking up to Him but my focus was divided. I was also trying to figure things out for myself instead of totally abandoning everything to Him. This revelation led to another : I wasn't giving God my all. 

To give God my all, I realized I had to keep my focus on Him just like a little baby, looking up to it's mother for breakfast, lunch, dinner, to be changed and to be loved. That child knows that if she/he strays away from the mother even for one minute, she'd/he'd be missing out on the mother's protection & guidance. She/he knows without the mother, she's/he's lost and totally clueless. Same goes for us. We have to learn to focus on God 100% no matter what the circumstances are. Even when storms rage, we have to learn to look to Him. Our looking to Him implies giving our all in every way. 

Let me elaborate. Giving your all is not just a Sunday thing and not even about being in the ministry or filling your schedule with ministerial work. It's about presenting every ounce of energy in your body and every capacity you have to God as a sacrifice. Sometimes we say, "I trust God to give me that husband/wife" and then next thing we're doing is investing out energy into finding out ways to notice or get noticed by that potential significant other. We can't put part of us on "reserve" and give God what's left. We can't say, "I'll avail 90% of my time to God" but the other 10% He can't touch". God has to have it all in your life or none of it. We can't squeeze God into our lives, no, He's bigger than that. We have to give it to Him or none of it at all.

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God,to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship" [Romans 12:]

And just as God was teaching me about giving Him my all, He confirmed His word through this quote by Joyce Meyer : 

-source-

Of course giving your all means there must be a foundation of trust. And that's all we really need. To trust God in the good, the bad, the better with everything we are and have.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight [Proverbs3 : 5-6

 God is faithful. Make your all available to Him and watch His glory manifest in your lives!



                                     

8 comments:

  1. Amen! This is where I have been as well in my life...I think back on the days when I was selfish and leaned unto my own understanding but not anymore! Every decision I make I go to God. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vibrant1.
      All the glory be to God sis!!
      Yes indeed, nothing is too big or too small to take to God.
      God bless you richly!

      Delete
  2. AMEN!!! I LOVE THIS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Imuwahen!
      All the glory be to God sis!!
      God bless you richly.

      Delete
  3. I really needed to read this. God bless you and thank you SO much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the glory be to God alone sis!!

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top