"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hair Update : Box Braids Love


With exams rearing their face, it was only inevitable that I cut down time invested elsewhere...including my hair. My hair doesn't take much of my time at all but even the little time I could gain from avoiding manipulation at is still precious time. I therefore decided to get box braids. The stylist I'd had in mind wasn't available and I only had one free day to do it or else, I had to let go of the idea. So in one moment of utter determination I decided to do it myself. I watched one or two videos on YouTube to confirm & upgrade what I knew...That's how I got started. It took me a whole day and the half and by the time I was done, I was angry at myself I ever started!





But...I'm actually happy I got the braids and even happier I did them myself! I thank God for the ardor and strength. They are truly serving their purpose right now with all the things I am doing. 

Wearing them, I remembered why I love box braids so much. Stylish, casual, elegant and everything else, they are a statement on their own and a lot of fun. I added some beads to the ends of my braids just to add something funky. Would I do my own box braids again? Um...definitely, God willing. BUT, I will be sure to spread out the installation period over a few days to avoid the intense fatigue I felt this time by the time I was done.


The outfit in the pictures is a quick stylish spring/summer look. I enjoy maxi skirts especially the colorful ones.


18 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh!! You're looking more fit and prettier by the day! Such a cute look, Funbi! I love the skirt, the colors and the simplicity of this look!

    I've also been thinking about getting box braids. I'm just a bit skeptical about the tension it'll cause to my edges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis :D
      I get what you mean, just tell the stylist to lay off your edges and you should be fine.

      Delete
  2. The first time I did box braids myself I felt asif my hands were going to fall off. But I've done it a few more times and I've gotten better at it
    I think you did a very good job for your first time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I can so relate. I was so angry.
      Thank you sis! :)

      Delete
  3. How can you tell me that the braids I'm looking at here aren't impressive? For someone who just learnt how to put in extesions you too try. Carry shake jare, this is beautiful!! Secondly, when next you are in Nigeria come to Abj with that skirt...it is lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thank you sis! :) Don't worry, I'll remember to take it along :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty, I did my own too and its been a month and they are still beautiful. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and journey ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure sis!! THank you for passing by :)

      Delete
  5. I love your hair and outfit

    obyazike.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I love your skirt.
    This so impressive, I mean making braid on your hair by yourself...max I can do is weave my hair and it is never smooth...nice

    www.afrigenic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!! :) Glory be to God

      Delete
  7. love your outfit and hair !

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top