"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Weight Loss Diaries : This Far




At the beginning of the year, I made a decision about my eating habits and the state of my health. I set goals for myself and mapped out how to go about them. My biggest goal was attaining a healthy body; the  direct concequence of my goal was weight loss (which also happens to be a sub-goal in my case) and my two biggest arms were : exercice and healthy eating habits.
Three months on, my body is at it’s healthiest, ever, and my weight loss sub-goal is nearly acheived.  At first, I failed to see the difference though I felt it in my body during my every day activities. However, little by little, with the different comments I was gettign aroudn me, I started to be conscious of what was going down. I was loosing weight, toning muscles,  gaining strength and feeling good.  I also started to realize some of (practically all of) my old clothes were just getting bigger…I was finally on that track I’d wanted for years (for real) : getting my body in shape.
I can't say it came easy and I'd be lying if I did and quite frankly, it took a lot of will power. Such a decision is not at all passive. However, I focused on one day at a time and never forgot that progress, no matter how small, is still progress.

Weight lost so far : 15 kg / 33 lb



24 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Doesn't it feel great? May you inspire others to start their own weight loss journey. Keep up the good work. You do look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know how I feel about this ;)

    I like how this post was written. You did well. Wow! 33lbs?? You look fab and so does that dress.

    I wish you continuous great success! You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! Thank you sis for all your support and prayers!!
      Indeed, Christ is my coach and strengthens me daily.
      God bless you richly! :)

      Delete
  3. You look Uh-mazing!! I really commend you for the will power part. Getting up early to exercice everyday IS NOT EASY (says the girl who has tried several times and is yet to succeed)! But nothing good comes cheap right? Like Mom says, you can do anything if determined. Keep that determination in everything you do! :)

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear!! God bless you for all your support, prayers and MAJOR cheerleading! :)

      Delete
  4. You look so good mama! I'm back on my fitness journey after slacking off for months and gaining 20 pounds back. Keep up the hard work. It's paying off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis! :) It was also back and forth for me before...Stay strong!

      Delete
  5. Franchement, c'est génial et très inspirant ! bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! There's nothing better than feeling your best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis :)
      Indeed, there is truly nothing better!

      Delete
  7. wow!!!!!!! please what did u do? u look really good

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look great... fantastic job, girl....

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great achievement. you are looking great :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top