"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Number is 23



Today was the beginning of another year in my life. The curtain dropped before so many things and the stage was set for others. 23 years and I'm still learning what I never knew could be and still I'm re-learning things I thought I already knew. 23 years of laughter, tears, heartache, bliss, pain, prayers, endurance, breakthrough, blessings and more. All this to say God has been faithful. He caught me when I fell. Carried me when I had no more strength. And loved me even when I didn't love myself. Speaking of God's faithfulness is like accurately describing a 10'000 page book in 3 words. It's not possible. Yet God has done more than can be described in a 10'000 page book and words are a pathetic medium when trying to depict what He has done. I give Him all the glory alone for these 23 years. 

The celebration -- After stubbornly telling baby sis I didn't want to do anything, she still went ahead and planned a surprise party on Saturday. I had no idea of what was going down and though I was really shocked, it was a wonderful time spent in laughter and joy. I can't believe baby sis went through all that trouble...A true jewel she is indeed.

I had a great time today too. It was not only a day of celebration but of contemplation. Contemplating the things I knew I had to part with, in order for the new things to enter.

MANY thanks to baby sis for all her love, efforts and support. You mean the world to me babe.
Thank you all for all the love & prayers. I really appreciate you.


10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Wish you a fantastic year. Enjoy your twenties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Happy Birthday hun. God bless you!


    Itsebunite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!
      Amen!
      God bless you too!

      Delete
  3. happy belated birthday beautiful lady. May God bless you with many more years of His goodness and favour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the beginning of your 23rd year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. ..May the good Lord bless you

    obyazike.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top