"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, March 25, 2013

What She Wore : Sunny Afternoon





Sending you all warm hugs from over here. So many posts...so little time? Something like that. I've had my hands occupied {with good things} these past weeks and the days just seem to fly, literally. This is the story of a girl that gets up way early but only gets to go to bed way late. But all's well from my end, I trust the same is true for you. I've got a number of posts lined up but just give me a little more time and I'll deliver...

Today is another outfit post...Don't wonder too long why I've been posting a number of outfit of the day posts : they are quick, fast and pictures speak volumes. You get to see how I'm doing and what I'm up to without me going on about it :)

Today's outfit is a vintage inspired dress I like very much. It reminds me of a sunny sumer afternoon, seriously...I might just save it for the summer for that {perfect} sunny afternoon.
However, the outfit might have reminded me of a sunny afternoon but the weather was struggling to still get to warm. It was freezing over here.


I love the classic feel of this dress and you know I just had to play with it.



The green belt - a favorite piece - was incorporated to add a more vintage look, accentuate my waist and add some color to it. Initially though, it was meant to help give the dress {which is now big for me} a shape.


Ahh brown! The brown shoes and bag are another colorful addition but I didn't want anything too outstanding nor camouflaging so it had to be brown. Brown shoes and bag are always great for any outfit. Subtle, yet striking.



I left my hair down but it's really a rare thing...But thank God it played along and cooperated with the outfit.  I guess the moral of the story is, don't despise dull colors. Try using muted-colored accessories that stand out yet don't mask the outfit you are wearing. Another great lessons is, any dress that is {or has become} too big for you can still be put to good use {depending on how big it has gotten}. Try using a stylish belt to change up the look and make the dress look smaller!

dress primark // belt : thrifted



14 comments:

  1. I loooooove your outfit and you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ure beautiful sis!!
    xoxo....
    and i'll keep saying it, your blog is amazing..all the efforts you put into it radiates through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sis! :)
      You're so sweet!
      God bless you richly!

      Delete
  3. You are BEAUTIFUL! And I love your hair. Looks amazing. And I really enjoy these outfit posts! So keep em coming!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ET TES CHEVEUX SONT TOP ! Just saying. Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dress and belt!

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/NiaLangleyOfficial

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top