"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, March 10, 2013

What She Wore : Just Call Me Jade



Hi loves & dear gents. I trust you've all been having a great week-end...doing what you love and spreading the love...
Today's post is centered on the outfit I wore to church : a simple straight skirt with a colored lace top. Can't get any simpler than that right?



Funny story about this skirt though...another vintage item from my mom that I'd never dreamt I'd wear. It's always strange how, we never really appreciate some things enough until we start seeing them in new light. One of the things that I didn't really like about the skirt was it's length but it's become one of my favorite things about it. The general vintage look it creates has given it a privileged spot in my wardrobe. Now I've learnt my lesson, never judge an item of clothing at first sight...you never know how you can work with to complement your look and style!


Because of it's slightly dull color, I had to play with the colors and use it to my advantage. I choose jade because of the way it stands out without coming on too strong, it seemed the perfect choice. What's more, I'm also getting really fond of jade these days...


The belt also makes for a wonderful addition. The bright jade color helps enhance the look of the skirt and both colors end up balancing each other out.


The lace top adds more elegance to the outfit. It helps maintain the vintage look but also adds a youthful element to it. The top also keeps the skirt from looking exaggeratedly too long.


The neon-coral watch helps add something fun and "happening" to the outfit. It's a but of "modern" in a vintage outfit...but what can I say? I enjoy fusing looks from different eras...  











top + shoes + belt : primark // skirt : vintage // watch + bracelet : market // earrings : h&m


8 comments:

  1. One word to sum it up: BEAUTIFUL!

    'nuf said.

    Actually,REALLY BEAUTIFUL does a better job. Hehe!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks dear, really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. I like the fabric of both the top and skirt. The jade top really works well with the neutral look of the skirt.

    I'm glad you kept the look simple...makes it look classy. Simplicity and Classy...that's what I like!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis.
      Yes, simplicity is key.

      Delete
  3. I love this, especially the top and belt!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top