"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Know My Roots : Obinrin

-source-

Obinrin -- [pronounced obeerin]

is the Yoruba word for woman. In light of celebrating international women's day (8th March), I thought it only appropriate to make today's word all about obinrin. Every obinrin is precious and she should never doubt it. Whether she is told often or not, she should understand she is a work of art, in and out. She is a gem and a queen indeed. She is the center of her household, let me even say, the supporting beam. She has multiple gifts and can be just as resourceful as she aspires to be. Obinrin know your worth! You may be celebrated just once a year but your celebration is never ending. 

And if you ever fall short of inspiration, look to the Proverbs 31 woman.


Happy Women's day my loves!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top