"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Know My Roots : Okunrin

-source-


Okunrin -- [pronounced awkoorin]

is the Yoruba word for man. No need for definitions here, we all know what an okunrin is...A few days ago it was Valentine's Day and it was definitely the ladies receiving all the gifts, attention & special treatment. However, as women, let us not forget the okunrin in our lives : fathers, brothers, uncles, friends, husbands...Let us endeavor to earnestly remember them in our prayers. God has set them as the head of their families, to lead, to strengthen & partner with us women and for this sole reason the enemy has been attacking our okunrin. What is the body without the head? 

May God bless, strengthen and be the sole guide (and model) for the different okunrin in our lives. 

God bless you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top