"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Weight-Loss Diaries : Back At Square 1?

-source-

Exactly 2 years ago, I embarked on a journey quite unlike any other I'd ventured on. It was a weight loss journey...I set goals for myself, most of which included developing new eating habit while killing old ones. At the beginning, I was very motivated,  stuck to my strict eating rules & I was shedding the weight I'd set up for my goals...unfortunately, it slowly died down. A year later, I was back to some of the old habits that had proved hard to die & I'd regained nearly all of the weight I'd lost back. I'd planned to go at it again but I'd let the events of life shake & rock em so much I'd finally convinced myself I didn't have the time nor the "right kind of lifestyle" yet. Now 2 years on from when I'd first began, I am heavier than I was at the very beginning. 
Now, before I go on, I realize I have to be honest & totally real with you and especially with myself. I'd never been the slim girl, and while growing up, my weight had always seemed to tag along...also "growing" in it's own way. When I hit the scale end of last year and saw the number that popped up, I knew I had to do something or before I knew it, the weight would continue creeping up on me & one day, I'd be asking, "how the heck did I get here?" 
The first place to start was to identify my situation : Low vigilance to what I put in my mouth. High intake of empty calories. Low output of calories (don't really burn much calories). Tendency to easily put on weight
After laying all that down, I realized I had the power to change everything on the list, except the last one (which could take time and specific research). 
The second thing I knew I needed to do was ask myself what I could do : Be more careful about what I put in my mouth. Lessen my intake. Burn more calories
Now that I knew what I could do, I needed to identify what I want to achieve exactly. Was it a one off diet? A quick weight loss regimen? No. My goal still remains from 2 years ago, but it's a more informed & refined goal : build a healthy lifestyle by learning new eating habits & incorporating exercise into my life.
Sounds simple, right? That is my ultimate goal, however, with it, I want to lose my excess fat...forever. I love my body and don't get it twisted, that's not even the issue here. It's because I love it that I want to change it for the better. Personal satisfaction is the real issue and it's got nothing to do with exterior influences - in fact if I listened to what people say, I wouldn't be on this journey but because it's about me & what I want, I am. 

The last issue I had to deal with was putting it all together. How do I adapt the things I know I have to do with my lifestyle to reach my goal? That has always been the big issue & it was because of my inability to solve it that I could not meet my goals 2 years ago.

This year, I am at it again & I am not taking no for an answer. I am totally counting on God to be my rock, strength & motivator because for those of you that have been on a similar journey, you'll know it's really a battle to keep on going. I have made the decision to take this road, now I just have to keep on going with my eyes fixed on my goals no matter the opposition. There will be ups & there will certainly be downs, but I'm not going to let them stop me. I want to share this journey with you because I am also counting on you (let's count on each other :])...The journey has already began and I cannot wait to start sharing with you!

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I haven't lost my baby fat and the hubby and I want to try for another child later this year. To have a healthy pregnancy I need to loss the weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to know we are in it together!!

      Delete
  2. Its funny,mine is all the opposite of this,I struggle to gain weight and my plan is to gain weight by hook or crook this year...good luck to us both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Indeed, we shall both succeed by God's grace!

      Delete
  3. All the best, I am also on the same journey.

    Just checked your hair phots and you have lovely hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myne Whitman. Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it.
      We shall both succeed by God's grace!

      Delete
  4. You are doing a great job so far! Like, for real!!!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU DEAR FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!
      GOD BLESS YOU!

      Delete
  5. Yay! I am proud of you! You shall reach your goal in the name of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEEEEN!!
      THANK YOU SO MUCH MALEEKA FOR ALL YOU SUPPORT & LOVE!
      God bless you!

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top