"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Letters Of Encouragement : Falling Apart




My present studies require an internship in a medical institution. The school made the choice and my name fell under an old people's home. Two Mondays ago was my first day and I was placed in a unit for partially to totally dependent patients. In less than 2 hours I was able to get a peek of what I'd be doing and I also got to meet some of the team. For the next hours to come I was in a state of shock and headed home after 9 hours totally tired and in a strange state of mind. Day 2 wasn't so different but I really couldn't take much of what I saw and felt anymore. I broke into tears while doing the morning rounds with one of the team. They were all pretty more or less supportive. About an hour or so later I got told off by one of them for a little misunderstanding.

Not to bore you with stories...I've been interning now for nearly 2 weeks and I've had to wake up very early in the morning to get there by 7 am and I only get to leave at 4 pm. It's been a tiring 2 weeks on all levels and I have been tried on those levels too (thus the lack of recent posts). Those first two days (and in fact the first week) was very trying. It's one thing dealing with the work load & respinsibilities, it's another integrating into the team and then there's dealing with all the information...

To be totally honest with you all, I truly felt a bit like I couldn't hold it together...I was asking myself if I could really get through this internship and I began questioning myself...
BUT GOD!

The truth of the matter is that, sometimes, we are going to go through some experiences that we find so hard and so unbearable but the end result - if we hold on - is growth. You might feel like you are falling a apart at your job, in your family, in your responsibilities...But you need to hold on, take the back seat and you'll be surprised at what you'll come out with. I know I'm not at the end of my internship but I trust God He will get me through and I will come out with a wealth of knowledge. Like many other things in life, this internship is a passage that will lift me up to greater things. We sometimes feel we are falling apart and we can't keep it together - job, family, etc - but we just have to make the decision to trust God. As long as you know whatever you are doing is God's will, He will make the provision and see you through. What you are going through is only temporary and it will propel you forward into your future.

"I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me" - Philippians 4 : 13

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks sis! I plan on doing so by God's grace

      Delete
  2. Bon courage!! Tiens le coup et tu seras heureuse à la fin de ton stage!! Tu te diras j'ai réussi à tenir, je suis fière de moi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God will definitely help you through... If its always easy, the chances are you aren't being challenged enough. This moment is a learning experience and I hope that God gives you more grace to grasp the lesson in this experience to make you what He wants you to be..enjoy your new internship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!!
      God bless you richly!

      Delete
  4. Je suis vraiment fière de toi ma chérie! Hold on! God is with you. And He will use you in the midst of those around you, even during your internship. Dieu est ta force et...biensûr avec lui, tu cartonnes!!! ;)Lol! Love you lots Sis!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouraging words. It is not always sweet what life dishes out to us. But with philipians 4:13 singing in my head I try to hold on longer. One day at a time....I wish you all the best. God never gives more than what we can carry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!! You are right!
      God bless you!

      Delete
  6. Bien dit et bien écrit du courage, de la force pour la suite de ton stage :)
    Prend soin de toi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That verse was my motto throughout last semester, I was taking Biochemistry.
    God is with you and He will see you through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!!
      Kudos on taking Biochemistry!

      Delete
  8. God is your strength...he is your help. He never gives us more than we can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you sis!!
      By God's grace, I will surely make it!

      Delete
  10. Amen Sis!
    Keep being strengthened by Him.

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top