"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, September 3, 2012

Skin Care : Sour Cream Facial Mask

-source-


Masks are a great way to cleanse, detoxify, revitalize & provide your skin with vital nutrients. The type of mask used depends on the type of treatment desired according to the individual's skin type. 
Sometimes, because of their cleansing action, masks can leave the skin - most especially extremely dry skin - a bit on the dry side. This is my reality. However, a recent discovery has changed all that : sour cream.

I mixed my AREWA Naturals' dry facial masks with sour cream and waited as I normally did. After rinsing off the mask, not only did my skin feel cleansed, soft, rejuvenated but also really moisturized.

Sour cream contains a lot of lactic acid which helps the skin retain maximum moisture, cleanses, increases the production of collagen, removes dead skin cells & promotes the production of new ones. It is also said to even out skin tone, decrease the appearance of wrinkles, balance the skin's pH, remove dark spots & add a glow to dull, tired skin.
I can personally testify to most of this. It always leaves my skin moisturized, bright & soft along with the the other benefits of whatever mask I used with it.

Here's the recipe I normally follow : 1 tsp of AREWA Naturals' facial dry mask of choice (I normally use the Ayuverdic Facial Mask or The Rhassoul Clay & Chocolate Facial Mask with sour cream) // 1.5 - 2 tsp sour cream

Before applying, I rinse my face with warm water to open my pores. I leave the mix on for at least 30 minutes to allow total penetration before rinsing with warm water then cold.

My skin feels totally refreshed.

I use whole, plain sour cream with no preservatives or flavor. That's what we need for our face to give our skin a maximum treat. [Be sure to discard before it expires]. 
Apart from all it's benefits, sour cream is a great thickener for your facial mask mixes. It can also be used alone if you just want a moisture boost (especially during the winter months). I use it up to two times a week. 

Please note that my AREWA Naturals' Banana & Pineapple Smoothie Mask already contains lactic acid. Sour cream being unnecessary with this mask even for really dry skin, it leaves my face moisturized.

What is your favorite facial mask?
 ❧

2 comments:

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top