"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ibukun

source


Ibukun --

Yoruba word for blessing.

We all have multiple ibukun in our lives in different forms. 

No mater the ibukun, we are not to take them for granted, from the relationships in our lives, to our possessions - we are not to take any casually. 

We should always be thankful to God for everything He gives us, from the smallest to the biggest..nothing is to be overlooked.

Many of you have been an ibukun in my life & I thank God for you.

The noun is : Ibukun and a simple sentence : Mo ti gba ibukun mi (I have received my blessing)

May God give us the grace to never take His ibukun for granted.

Amen.

5 comments:

  1. My family is my Ibukun!

    I love that name; it's beautiful and 'sweet' to say. One of my cousins name is Ibukunoluwa; which means: the gift/blessing of God.

    That picture is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a lovely name indeed sis!
      Aww Ibunkunoluwa...We are all God's blessings.

      YES! Certainly a BEAUTIFUL pic!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes there are blessings through our tears that we don't notice until we are through the trial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed sis!
      Thank you for bringing that to remembrance!

      Delete
  3. I just started learning Yoruba and wanted to share my counting/praise song with you! I hope you like it! in it I am counting my ibunkun! am using this song to teach my children how to count to twenty! Its called ADUPE! http://youtu.be/d84lVydptYE Please forgive me for any mispronunciations!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top