"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Iwe

source



Iwe --

Yoruba word for book & also applicable when talking about studies.

Iwe are an important part of our lives, the extent depending on what our dreams & endeavors are. Even if we desire something that requires no iwe, staying informed is still an important part of such a rapidly growing intellectual world.
It is wise to always remember that, wisdom is power.

For those that are currently going through the process of getting one degree or another, amy God give you all the strength & excellence to more than succeed, overtake & finish it.

Amen.

The noun is : Iwe and a simple sentence : Iwe se pataki/Ka iwe e(Studies are important/ Read your book)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for a new word! I will need this when I go back for my graduate degree this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beni oooo...sista mi..lol
    iwe se kpataki gidigan
    and i love this this pix...its a natural one and beautiful
    thank you for all your helpful tips sis, i really appreciate it. you've really done me well with your blog's hair and beauty tips
    GOd bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. ooto ni.
      It's a pleasure sis. I'm glad to know I have been of help :)
      God bless you sis

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top