"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Aburo

source

Aburo--

Yoruba word for younger sibling.

We all have a aburo, whether the ones we are genetically related to or the ones we have adopted because you just relate to them.

No matter the case, all our aburo look up to those of us ahead of them.
We are to be the example, their mentors, advisers & confidants. 
If we can't lead them right, then who can?
A Yoruba adage says, "it's the horse ahead that the ones coming behind follows"

That is, our aburo looks to the way we live & decisions we make to lead their lives.

May God help us be the right examples to our aburos.
Amen.

The noun is : Aburo and a simple sentence : Mo ni fe aburo mi (I love my younger sibling)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top