"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, July 23, 2012

Letters Of Encouragement : It's Times Like This...

source

It's times like this I wish/I would/I should/I could...

I don't know about you all but this sentence has played many times in my mind & have been the root of some decisions & actions I've taken in the past. 
Where are we now?
Where do we find ourselves now that is making us wish we were elsewhere.
Many times in life we find ourselves in situations, locations & instances that makes us just want something totally different. We find ourselves in a sort of closure, trapped by our decisions or the ones other people made in our stead...
What I'm saying might seem vague to you but there comes a time or times we just can't seem to endure whatever reality we might be living.
I know it's real because I have been there. 
You just want to get out & live the perfect reality you have formed in your head. Nothing seems alright about the life you are playing out & the walls just seem to be closing in - pressure from all directions. Pressure that can provoke drastic decision & actions to be made or taken.

Whatever your specific situation might be, please know you are not alone. There are so many times I have asked God & wondered, "why is this where I am? Why am I finding myself here? God, don't you know what I really want?"
All these and the like...
I have been tempted to just compromise here or there, just to escape the situation. Along the way, I became bitter & angry...not towards God but to those around me, especially those that had hurt me so much. I was a noisy rant. Mumbling & grumbling under my breath to God & whoever cared to listen about how this was not what I wanted.

 Now I see better than I used to. It's not like God does not know what we want or like but the thing is, He also knows what we need. Most times, we don't want what we need. God has the bigger picture & He sees our beginning & end. He knows what is to come, that is why He takes us through some situations to get us ready for what is coming next. We complain & cry but if we don't go through the fire, we'd be carrying rubbish, baggage & filth into the higher levels of our life and these will only bring us down, causing us to fall. Brother Paul says in Romans 5 : 3 - 4 that "suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope". Your suffering, if you just hold on, will eventually give way to hope for the greater things ahead. The things you are going through now will permit you to scale higher heights in the future. 

But why suffer in the first place. It's like this : gold is put through the furnace to be tried. If it's for real, it will come out pure & 100% gold free from any kind of filth. Just as Job said in the 23rd chapter of his book and 10th verse : "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold". God uses uncomfortable situations to remove the filthy attitudes, mind sets, habits from our lives so we can go through the things to come & uses them to bring us closer to Him. We are the piece of gold but like gold when mined at first, we are filled with all kinds of  dross from this world that, when left tin place, could stop God's light from shining forth in us & inevitably lead to destruction (just like worthless metal thrown away). But when refined by God's fire, we come out shining like gold.

I don't know what you are traversing right now, what high waters you are swimming across or what dessert you are crawling through but God knows & I want you to know it's for a purpose. God knows what you need & deserve. All you have to do is trust Him & place your future 100% in His hands. You cannot compromise & try putting your life in your hands and still expect God to show up on your behalf. Trust in Him to 80%, 90% but 100%. 
It might be family issues, marital affaires, lessons on love, money matters, loneliness, fear or certain habits...surrender it all to God & seek out His will at He takes you through this. 
At the end, you will come out like gold - precious & pure.


5 comments:

  1. Amen...Thank God for timely messages...God Bless you miss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!
      Yes, thank God for timely messages!
      God bless you richly sis!

      Delete
  2. Amen! Sometimes we do not understand what He is doing BUT HE KNOWS. What I always think about is a baby getting a vaccine (just like I had to watch my niece getting hers). The baby might scream and squirm but the bottom line is: IT IS ALL FOR THE BEST! The baby just can't know it, all it can do is trust his Mummy or Daddy standing near by. We are to completely TRUST GOD. Amen. Thanks for sharing hun!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed sis!
      All the glory be to God!
      God bless you sis!

      Delete
  3. Wow, thank you so much for this post. It is truly conducive to what is happening my life as well as the encouragement I need to carry on.

    Blessings,

    D

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top