"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Soul Food : Faithful Father


"For great is your love, higher than the heavens;


your faithfulness reaches to the skies" 

Psalm 108 : 4


Many lessons & one the Lord has been trying to teach me these last week but one was a reminder. A series of event happened these past few days that left me in a state; I was discouraged & I nearly started to loose sight of what was really important. "God has spoken once; twice have I heard this" [Psalm 62 :11] that He is faithful. He reminded me that concerning even my life, He is faithful. Yesterday, today & tomorrow. The Psamlmist said, "your faithfulness reaches to the skies". Can you even fathom that? Can you fathom it? Even if it could measured, it would be too much for us to grasp. He made me realize that even in the little things or big things concerning my life, He is faithful. This faithfulness implies the timelines of God. God is never too late just always on time. The hardships & trials we might be facing today are all part of His plan for our lives to strengthen us, encourage us, propel us forward & most importantly, to draw us closer to Him. Many times we question God & doubt at His faithfulness but let me remind you that God is faithful. "The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it" as 1 Thessalonians 5 : 24 says. 1 Deuteronomy 7 : 9 also says "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands". Often, we grumble & mumble about God's timing or plans for our lives but don't forget that "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" [Jeremiah 29 : 11]. Don't begin to doubt God in your hearts when storms come, because "the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one" [3 Thessalonians 3 :3 ]. 
Another thing we often forget is this : God's love. The first part of our verse says "great is your love, higher than the heavens". If love could be piled up as any physical object to be measured by the yard, meter or whatever, can you imagine how high God's love would be? Have you ever thought about how high the heavens are? Physics tells us it's too high. So the same is God's love. It is unmeasurable & most times, we fail to grasp it. He is not only faithful but totally in love with us. His faithfulness is fueled by His unconditional love for us. So why do we doubt? Why do we cry? Why do we compromise? Why do we give up? Times gets hard but please remember He is faithful.
He will accomplish everything He has purposed concerning your life at the right time but all you have to do is to trust in Him.

He is so faithful we cannot understand it but when we begin to stray, we need to use the word to anchor ourselves back. Now is not the time to stray or give up but to trust & hide under God's faithfulness. Instead of leaning on man, don't rest against God's great faithfulness because "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans" [Psalm 118 : 8] for "human help is worthless" [Psalm 108 : 12]. God is our only sure helper.

May God give us the grace to trust unwaveringly in His awesome faithfulness.
Amen.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, I needed this. Today was a weird day that even though my Spirit didn't feel weak, mentally I felt a bit beaten down by what has been a really difficult few months, I am grateful for my mom and sisters (includes you) because they have reminded me to always trust in God. It's not that I forgot but just that temporarily even taking my eyes off Him, my Love overwhelmed me thinking about all that needs to be sorted out in this season. I love God so much and I'm so grateful that He would use your post even to speak to me reminding me of His faithfulness. I'm so glad that He is the strength of my heart as Psalm 73 says and that even when feelings get to much He would find a way to pick me up over and over again. Thank you for this blessing sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sis!! I give God all the glory for this word! I believe I needed to hear it, just like you did. I thank God it has been of help to you. As you have rightly stated, He is the strength of our hearts! I thank God for preserving you & remember that He that has begun this good work will surely accomplish it. Bless you sis! Agape

      Delete
  2. Great message! I'm so glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! He's SO faithful to us even when were not faithful to him. I dont think we can fathom that! Great Message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed sis! We truly cannot. Even when we fail Him, He is still by our sides! Now who does that but God? All the glory be to God sis!

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top