"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, June 18, 2012

AREWA Naturals


Last year, I informed you all that I had a business & made natural hair care products. Since then, I'd seldom spoken about it. No, it had not been buried, forgotten or even forsaken ever since. God has a way of directing our steps that even when we look back, we marvel. Since the the launching of OMO OGO Naturals a bit over a year ago, a lot has shifted. Whenever God wants to teach us something, He makes sure we get the lesson even if He has to get us alone to get our total attention. During the past year, I can tell you that many lessons have been learnt on different levels. I give God all the glory for giving me the grace to launch my own business - something that seemed like a far far away dream when it was first conceived - & I also want to thank my family, friends & you all for supporting me. 
You see, one big thing I learnt about starting a business was believing undoubtedly on what I was doing. Because nobody else would if I didn't. There were times discouragement gripped me so hard for one reason or more I felt like throwing my hands up in surrender & fitting back in like a lego piece into the life & everyday routine I had before. I told myself it would be so easy for me to let go of it now, pretend I never began it or it was just a wild joke & sit back down just in time to fit back in into my familiar entourage. However, God wanted it otherwise; He thought me otherwise. I should not in any way be apologetic or anything less than bold about what I believed in especially if I'd invested time, money, effort, love & care into it. It's like conceiving a child, giving birth to the bundle of joy & then along the way decide to...to what? Exactly. You cannot undo it. I am proud of what God has given me & given me the ability to do & it is with joy that I envisage what is to come. 
On a general scale, the thing about doing what God has placed in your heart is not about considering what you have & how far you can go with it, it's about trusting God enough to plant the little you are able to invest & watch God water it. God uses our little, mixes it with His awesome & what you get is something amazing. This concerns anything. Most times, we hesitate about putting to action the idea God gives up. We draw the whole thing up n our minds & gauge how much we have, can do, can give or how much we can even accomplish. Who are we to do that. Didn't God see all you are & will/ca become before giving you the task.
The like was my dilemma when it came to my business. BUT GOD...Who is faithful & ever true stood by me & made me realize it was not the time to doubt, be tired, be fearful or look to others for their approval but it was time to go forward. As I said, many things have changed concerning my business. I am here typing this to the glory of God. Yes, my business is still up - all the glory be to God. However, it is no longer known as OMO OGO Naturals. The concept & principles that came with OMO OGO Naturals still stands, and firm too but the vision has been broadened. The new name to my business is AREWA Naturals.
AREWA Naturals stands for all the same things I set out for with OMO OGO Naturals but with bigger goals & greater things to deliver.
I will not bore you further but let me just round up by telling you that I have started a brand new blog consecrated to AREWA Naturals. It's going to be full of advice, tips, tricks & information on AREWA Naturals' products. Just so we are clear, DatFunkyFro is still going to be running as usual but if you want a plus on skin & hair care and more info about my products, then follow AREWA Naturals. Also check out my new shop, that will soon contain all my products by the grace of God. Don't hesitate to ask any questions as usual!


Once again, thank you all for your support! I look forward to doing business with you all.

17 comments:

  1. Nice. Change is constant; it's what makes us grow. I like the new name; beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!! Yes indeed, change is very dynamic! :)
      Thank you for the support!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Many times it's our failures we learn the most from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed sis!
      Thank you for the support!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  3. nice nice nice...i like the new name btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!
      Thank you for the support!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  4. Waow I have missed the post I have no idea wish the best for you and your business, btw when we click on the link to your shop we can't have access yet,(just let you know).

    Love from France :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind what I wrote about access to the shop just understand it's matter of login oops lol

      Delete
    2. I LOVE THIS POST for several reasons: I love and give God all the glory for how far you have come. I like that you remind us that God can use the littlest we have. I love the reminder of just trusting in God. I can definitely relate to this post. Thank you. God is taking you to amazing places, beyond what you could've dreamed or imagined. Amen!


      Tell the World

      Delete
    3. @00oro00: thank you sis for letting me know! I have sorted it out & the shop can now be accessed!
      Thank you for the support!! I really appreciate it :)

      @FunTó : thank you sis! AMEN to that prayer! Thank you for the support!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  5. oops that was supposed to be a stand alone comment and not a reply.


    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats. May God keep lifting you and all that you lay your hands on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sis! Thank you!! Thank you for the support!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  7. Arewa is such a beautiful name. I love it.
    I wish you the very best in your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  8. C'est top d'avoir lancé ta boutique!!! Bon courage à toi je te souhaite de la réussite :))))

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top