"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Segun


Segun -- 

Yoruba word for conquer.

"in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us"

Romans 8 : 37



It is a fact. 
Through Christ, we cannot loose. We are more than conquerors.
Take a minute to digest that then let this powerful song minister to you.


"Conqueror" by Mali Music

When I first discovered this song, I couldn't stop listening to it. It was on replay all day long.
It made me think about how little we know about the power we have in Christ. To tap into this power & take full advantage of it, we need the Word. 
A Wordless Christian, is a powerless Christian.
Reading the Word is like discovering ancestral heritage, only this is not ancestral, this is divine & it's the heritage we have entered into through Christ. When you know who's you are, what has been deposited in you & what you can do, no demon in hell can tell you otherwise.

The noun is : Segun and a simple sentence : "Mo ti segun ni oruko Jesu" (I have conquered in the name of Jesus).



May God give us the grace to become more than conquerors in all things, through His Son, just as He has purposed!

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I actually know someone named Segun.

    I agree, we are all conquerors and to feel defeated is allowing the devil to have some sort of hold on us.. It only takes one prayer or a conversation with God to release all feelings of defeat and be the true conquerors we were destined to be.

    Have a blessed day and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the glory be to God sis!
    Really? True Segun is a common Yoruba name.
    Yes indeed! You are right. The devil uses our lack of knowledge & ignorance to the power we have in Christ to hold many bound.
    Blessed day to you too sis!! Thank you for passing by!
    Glad the blog is of help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, I still come to read here and I really like these yoruba posts... At the moment it is the only yoruba I learn, but next time I have a holiday planned to Nigeria I will do more my best... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm so glad these posts are helpful to you!! Going to Nigeria will certainly help :)

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top