"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Letters Of Encouragement : Just Stand!



Looking back the other day,the word "these past few weeks, even months have been hard" rung in my head. Frankly, this is true. It has been hard. Many things have happened that have left me clueless & sapped all the strength in me. Many times, I felt the dagger of pain & let the tears out. But I write this today, with my heart filled with joy. This joy is not circumstantial & neither is it momentary...this is joy that boils from within. This joy is anchored in Christ. I have to be real with you, I don't think I would have made it through many many things if it were not for Him alone. Countless times human beings failed me - but that's okay, I'm not holding it against them because it's our nature - but Christ was there. I nearly lost my focus & abandoned my dreams but God upheld me. He has taught me to keep on standing, to hold on, through the pains, aches & waves of life. He made me understand that He is always there with me, through the storms & torrents.

He reminded me of these verses: 
"Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46 : 10
"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3 : 13 -14
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up"  Galatians 6 : 9
"He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" 1 John 4 : 4
"He one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it" 1 Thessalonians 5 : 24
"...able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" Ephesians 3 : 20

He told me to hold on & keep standing. He told me to keep my eyes on Him & continue pressing on. I don't have to fear anything or anyone anymore. I don't have to doubt or carry my worries on my shoulder. I came to realize all the troubles of life & the situations that crop up can be distracting & lead us away from God. This is especially what happens when we let our problems overshadow God. I told myself, my problems might be big, but my God is bigger & my situation might be proving hard but nothing is too hard for God. I wasn't going to let the world & the devil victimize me anymore because I am not a victim but a victor! I have chosen to stand on God's promises & trust in Him because only Him can carry me through. And I know He's more than able.

We sang a song in church this weekend & it's in line with God has been impregnating in my spirit.

"Stand" by Donnie McClurkin

I really reach out to all those that might be going through one thing or the other & pray God will give you all the strength to stand in Him. Anchor your faith in Him which leads to joy & live by His word. And never, ever let anything take you away from him; hold on tight to your intimate relationship with Him through prayer - which is our lifeline - meditation on His word & time spent trying to tune in to His voice.

Remember,"Neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8 : 38 - 39

Be blessed!

12 comments:

  1. This is really nice! stay blessed ms funbi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the glory be to God alone sis!! Blessings to you too sis! :)

      Delete
  2. Being human means we will all feel pain. I too have had some tough times the past several months, but knowing that He is always with me is very comforting. Non-believers don't understand why you can feel joy when you are suffering and in pain. Just remember that we all are renting this space and when the lease is up we have to go and knowing that something better for me is waiting gives me great joy. Stay blessed dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed sis. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have Christ. Many confuse joy with happiness. Happiness is circumstantial but real joy depends on nothing but Christ. Can't wait for that day He holds me in His arms. Blessings to you too dear sister!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this piece. I feel like we have had about the same experience (in terms of having to overcome difficulties recently) and at the end of the day, my ability to overcome also came from The Almighty. His Grace is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the glory be to God sis. Glad it was of help. Yes, His grace is AMAZING!!
      Blessings!

      Delete
  4. The Lord is good. I have to say, He has taught me SOOO MANY LESSONS this year. Quite a lesson-filled year. And we all know learning hurts. It hurts to learn and it hurts to grow up because it means giving up old ways. But I give God all the glory, He pulled me through as always. And challenges only make me love Him the more because when I look back I realize how awesomely He came through for me. I love this piece and the scripture passages are right on point! Love you Sis!


    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right sis! Learning does hurt but the knowledge we gain is needed for our next step in life. I thank God for your life sis!
      Love you too sis!

      Delete
  5. I love the scripture you cited here. You are not alone sis. I, too have been through some difficult times and is till going through. But He alone has been keeping me. At the end of the day, my mind is stayed on him, exactly where He wanted me all along. I praise Him for that. I thank God for difficult times because we are brought a little bit closer to Him, reminded that we need Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the glory be to God sis! Yes, I too have learnt that hardships bring us closer to Him!!
      I thank God for your life sis!
      Stay blessed!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for ministering to me with this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the glory be to God alone sis! Glad it was of help.

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top