"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Length Check May 2012 & Length Goals





I am back with another length check. 
Firstly, before revealing the results of the length check, let me just take time to show you all some love. I have been...obviously absent & for those that follow me on twitter & tumblr, you'll also notice I have been off the cyber radar. I've missed you all but present circumstances which I explained after my last hiatus has made it difficult for me to consecrate enough time to blogging on a regular basis. 
Thank you for following, asking & praying for me.
I humbly ask you to continue to pray for me my dear friends.
I am really working on balancing out everything in my life & finding time to blogging regularly. By the grace of God & through Christ who strengthens me [Philippians 4:13], I will surly get there.

Back to today's gist. 
I did a quick length check today after three months of going without one. I wanted to wait longer to see a bigger difference however, it wasn't really the case. I'd put up the pictures but you wouldn't really be able to spot the difference.
I noted down more more less 1 inch of growth - making the strands at the back a little past my bra strap. In three months, the hair is supposed to grow, on average, at least 1 1/2 inches longer. I believe I didn't get that half inch...and I also believe the cause is from both my roots and ends.
Concerning my ends, I experienced a considerable amount of breakage, as I mentioned in one of my past posts, and though it wasn't so bad & widespread, I do think it might have affected my overall growth outcome.
To my roots...My hair grows pretty well and I don't have any scalp issues (apart from the occasional dry scalp) but I have been working nearly everyday for the past three months but I have not been washing my hair daily (for several reasons I will not be stating here) which makes me think that maybe the sweat could be slowing down hair growth. It's a theory I really hope does not apply to me because washing my hair everyday is not even an option.
Another thing to consider is that I trimmed my hair a few days ago (about 1/2 a inch or so gone) so maybe that's where my half inch was.

It's always good to see length progression whether negative or positive. In both cases, it's good to note down what could be helping it or what could possible not.

The title says Length Goals...well, if I am setting myself a length goal, it's not because I want to see my hair quickly grow or anything like that, it's because I want to challenge myself to take better care of my hair, which will inevitably provoke healthy hair growth.
My length goal is simple : mid - back length (which is about two, three or so inches from where I am right now) by November 2012, by the grace of God. This leaves me 6 months.

That's all for this length check!

❧❧

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top