"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ariya

source


Ariya is the Yoruba word for fun.

We all love and enjoy ariya. There are a number of ways to have ariya. It comes in different forms and is manifested in different ways.
It is also good to know that ariya is subjective so what might be ariya to you might not be for someone else.
However, whatever we consider ariya, we should rememeber that wisdom is the principal thing [Proverbs 4 :7].

The noun is : Ariya and a simple sentence : "Ariya se ara lore" (Fun is good for the body).


May God continue to give us wisdom to have the right kind of ariya.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Sis! I must improve on my Yoruba speaking abilities this year o:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's been a while since you updated. I hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sis!! Thank you for your concern, it is much appreciated. Yes, all is well, thank God. Will be back in the next day or two by the grace of God :)

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top