"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Otutu

source

Otutu is the Yoruba word for cold.

It's presently freezing here (dropping as low as -14°C/6.8°F) and I'm sure it the case for most places so I decided to teach us a word we can use to express the chilly weather.

Don't forget to stay warm while out in the otutu. Wear proper boots if it snows and drink a lot of hot beverages.

The noun is : Otutu and a simple sentence : "Otutu mu mi" (I am cold).

May God help us stay safe, warm and fluless during these last winter months.

Amen!!

6 comments:

  1. Minnesota has had strange weather this season. We have no snow and it has been above freezing all week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. That is strange for Minnesota

      Delete
  2. Amen Sis. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis. Same to you. God bless

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top