"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Healthy Hair Challenge 2011 - 2012 Recap



Back in September 2011, I decided to go on a Healthy Hair Challenge. The main goal of this healthy hair challenge, as the name depicts, was to strictly practice styling methods and use products that promoted healthy hair.
The challenge lasted 5 months and ended in January 2012. Though I didn't really do many updates, quite a lot was going on. For one, I followed my plan and the rules as much as I could but of course, along the way, a few things had to be modified or some things couldn't be helped. Overall, I manipulated my hair as little as possible, deep conditioned regularly, styled as little as possible and mainly wore out styles and easy [pin ups for example] protective styles [buns, updos etc].

It has been a speedy 5 months and the question is : Has this challenge promoted healthy hair & growth?
The answer is yes.
My hair is the healthiest it has ever been and I have even attained my hair length goal for this January 2012 [more of this coming soon].
This challenge has also helped me come up with a hair regimen that is just custom fitted for my hair, my abilities and schedule. It's a flexible hair regimen and my hair loves it.
Overall, this hair challenge has been a great way to discipline myself for the good of my hair and obtain efficacious short term and long term goals. I also learnt a lot about my hair and one or two things I will be sharing with you by the grace of God.

For those that also joined me in this challenge, thank you! It was great to know I wasn't alone!

If you were one of those that joined the challenge, how did it turn out? 
If you tried other challenges, what are your results?

♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Are you going to be permanently adopting your five month hair challenge as your new regimen? If your hair is the healthiest it has ever been, shouldn't you keep your "challenge" going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JazzWife. I am not going to be using the challenge as a hair regimen but what I have learnt and I am sticking to what worked for my hair. I am not continuing with the challenge because I have already done all I had planned to do and tried everything listed. Now it's up to me to put into practice what worked and watch out for the things that didn't.

      Delete
  2. I'm with JazzWife, if it worked out for you why not keep it going. Your hair is so pretty might as well keep doing what works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sis. Thank you for the suggestion. Just because the challenge is over doesn't mean I am abandoning everything I learnt. As I told JazzWife, I will certainly be using the things that worked and in some way, I am continuing the challenge but loosely by not applying any strict rules.

      Delete
  3. I started sis but didn't finish but I hope to begin again and successfully complete it especially because I want to have a certain length before I head into the military.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it was beneficial for you! What length would you like to attain? And how, what, when are you going into the military?

      Delete
  4. Your hair is beautiful ! I'm glad you had great results and wish you you still have. I'm gonna search but if I don't find what was the regimen you've followed ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis!! Here is the link to the regimen I followed Hair Challenge 2011-2012 Update. Hope that helps :)

      Delete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top