"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ìmo

source

Ìmo is the Yoruba word for wisdom.

We all need ìmo and how imperative it is indeed!

A wealth indeed. A treasure to be desired, in fact required for success and life itself.

We need ìmo in all we put our hands to do; our businesses, careers, education, family and social life.

Ignoring it could lead us astray.

Remember, "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding" [Proverbs 4 : 7].

The noun is : Ìmo // A simple sentence is : Ìmo se pataki (wisdom is important)

May God give us wisdom and may He help us apply it.

Amen!!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely, my eyes briefly went over Proverbs 4 as I was reading my Bible, so glad to have come across this post! Whenever I think of wisdom I am always reminded of King Solomon who could have asked for anything and I feel humbled because I pray to one day get to a point where my prayers would be less about the circumstances changing but how to endure patiently as Paul says. It is an amazing God we serve and I always feel so honoured that He chooses us and the way that He places people in our lives (even through blogging haha) xxx thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Aurélie : Glory be to God sis!! I thank God for your life and for leading you. I also get humbled when I think about how King Solomon only asked for wisdom out of all he could have asked for. You are right, we need to pray about enduring than changing the situation - this has really ministered to me. Yes, He is truly amazing! And He does things in AMAZING ways. And sis, He has used so many wonderful people [like yourself :)] to minister to me through blogging, twitter etc. God bless you richly sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need a little more wisdom in our lives. If we sought to be wise many of our problems would be avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely words Sis! Wisdom is indeed the principal thing. May we operate in the wisdom of the world eac and every day. God Bless!


    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top