"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, January 23, 2012

Light Musings & A Quick Hair Update




Deadlines, work, free time and domestic preoccupations have been the eating away at my time lately. Things have been going well, all the glory be to God. It has been a fairly lovely Sunday - laughs, work, rest and more work. I have also been thinking a lot lately...Scheming and ruminating on discarded or forgotten ideas. It's nearly the end of the first month of the year 2012 and I already feel like there is so much to put together before time speeds by. True, I do not want anything to take me unawares yet I relish the thought of being face to face with a sweet surprise. However, this afternoon, while meditating on the Word of God, I came to realize the year was not mine to plan or it was not up to me to try dodging surprises but God. He is the Author and finisher of my faith and I only have to fix my eyes on Him [Hebrews 12 : 2]. He knows best and only wants the very best for me [Jeremiah 29 : 11]. So why fret? It is not His will for us to fret. All I am expected to do is put Him first [Matthew 6 : 33] and enjoy every single day He gives me breath to live. Life is a gift not a task. Sure there are storms, yes, and we find ourselves falling into disappointment. But as long as He's got the boat [Matthew 8] then everything is going to be alright. I have come to surrender all to Him. All I can do is be thankful and take each day as a chance to make myself better than I was the day before.


Shifting to my hair...While looking through some of my shots this afternoon, I realized I had not put up these pictures. This is a twist out I did last week. I've been rocking my hair in twist outs and updos lately - trying to do as little with my hair as possible.



I added a bit of color to the style by wearing a blue and white spotted hair band. 

 I pray you are all doing good. Thank you for all your love and support.




♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow..
    At the risk of sounding rude, you're very pretty and have a beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where you wrote "LIFE IS A GIFT NOT A TASK". Wow, that really ministered to me. I feel like sometimes I live it like it's a task only focusing on the unending list of "to-dos". Complaining about one thing or the other. Lol. It's a wonder God can put up with us sometimes! Thanks Sis, that REALLY ministered. Will be quoting you! Much love!!!!


    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... Really inspiring post. Its all in the hands of God

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Roc : Thank you very much :)

    @ FunTó : Glory be to God sis!!

    @ Africa Naturalista : Glory be to God sis! Yes, it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing...i like the phrase "life is a gift not a task"....stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top