"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Weight Loss : November + December Update


source


It's been a long, winding twelve consecutive months. At the beginning of the year, in January, I told myself I'd had enough, that it was time to loose the excess fat. Now, at the end of the year, I am only 3 kilos [6.61 lbs] down from the weight I started from.
It would be an understatement to say it was an up and down journey but as they say, you have to fight for what you want.
However, these twelve months have not gone by in vain. At this point, I have learnt quite a lot, not only about proper eating habits but also about myself. In fact, though it started out as a physical journey, it has touched practically every aspect f my life, from my perceptions to the way I think. 
I have come to realize that I'd been working towards my healthy body goal in ways contrary to my lifestyle, hobbies and resources.
Looking back now, I do have to admit it has been a good journey. As I stated earlier, I have learnt quite a number of things. But, have I been discouraged, tired, felt like giving up etc? Yes. But it has been worth it. When I ate properly and exercised well, I felt great, not only physically but as well as psychologically. Nevertheless, I see now that I was pursuing my goals by employing the wrong methods and trying to keep up with a pace that necessarily wasn't my own.
So does it end there, you ask. No.
My journey has just begun. I am determined to lead healthy eating practices, exercise more and as a result shed all excess fat. 
I will be drawing out my goals, methods and strategies.
Stick with me, I'm just getting started!

If you are on a similar journey, how has it been so far?

♥♥

4 comments:

  1. I've been in this boat since I had my son. Last year at this time I had whooping cough and then was over medicated for my thyroid condition. After seeing many doctors and gaining weight as a side effect I finally got back on track this past August. I don't like to see it as little progress, but that I'm in a different place in my life journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ JenJen : Yes indeed, no progress is little or inconsiderate. Keep it up sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY ENJOY YOUR BLOG THROUGH THE YEAR BUT THIS IS THE FIRST COMMENT THAT I MADE TO YOU. DONT GIVE UP. I KNOW WHAT IT IS TO TRY TO LOOSE WEIGHT AND ONLY GET A "SMALL" RESULT. YOU KNOW BEFORE JULY I WAS ON A PROGRAM SET BY MY DOCTOR IT WAS SIMPLE AND THE GOAL WAS TO LOOSE 1 KG /MONTH. IT WAS WORKING AND IN THREE MONTH I LOST 9 KG UNTIL AUGUST. THEN I WENT TO HOLIDAY AND I JUST GAINED 4 KG BELIEVE ME I WAS MAD AND SAD.
    BUT NOW I LOST 6 KG AND I AM ON TRACK AGAIN. SO DON'T GIVE UP;
    I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A HAPPY, A HEALTHY AND LIGHTLY NEW YEAR 2012. GOD BLESS.

    www.minasek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ MINASEK : Hey sis!! Thank you so much for stopping by and following my blog al lthrough this year. I am really glad it has been of help. Thank you so much for this timely encouraging word. You have really come a long way. Keep up the good work! I really appreciate your support. A wonderful new year 2012 to you and yours too sis! God bless you too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top