"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hair Update : Unbraided...



Blessings and love beauties!

During the early hours of Friday, I took down my box braids after wearing them for exactly 5 weeks.

I had originally planned to keep them in for 6 weeks but my edges were starting to loose their patience and the braids were getting very uncomfortable. They took about 5 hours to take out - about the same amount of time it took to put them in. The state of my hair was as follows : dry, snapping and dirty. On the other hand, the extensions were soft, shiny and smelt really good!

The mass of Kanekalon

My hair right after the takedown

On Friday, after moisturizing, I did a puff before leaving for work.








On Friday night - Saturday morning, I washed my hair and gave it some much needed TLC.

It's pretty much back to it's usual state (I wore twist outs today - not pictured) but I was quite shocked to see my hair in such a state.

However, I am so happy to have taken down the braids. I have missed my hair terribly and carrying all that kanekalon on my head along with my hair has not been the funnest of things.

I will be making a post about my verdict of box braids by the grace of God.

BY THE WAY, DON'T FORGET TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY FIRST EVER GIVEAWAY!!! GO HERE TO ENTER.

What are you currently doing with your hair?

♥♥

7 comments:

  1. Your hair grew a lot! It looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is cute. I'm currently rocking my flat twist out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of hair!!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should try yarnbraids next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ 1BlessedNatural : Thanks sis!! :)

    @ JenJen : Thank you sis!! Keep on having fun with your hair! :)

    @ Vontreesa : Thanks sis!! :)

    @ Precious : Thanks sis!

    @ Jessica : Thank you for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the puff and pearl earrings!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top