"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Coming Year 2012



Blessings and love beauties and gents!!

I'd planned to write this post for more than a week now and as I pen this post down, I will have to admit I am in a bit of a hurry. But I will not hurried. I'd thought about what I would write and though nothing had been jotted down, I have plenty to say.

Penning this down and watching the headlines of New Year celebrations all over the world and reminiscing on the past year 2011 makes me want to write a whole bunch. 

But don't worry, I won't bore you. 

To start with, this year has been quite a year. Not only has the world be shaken as a whole but my world itself has had it's share of tremors. Not once or twice but many things just kept coming up. Numerous times I felt like throwing my hands down and giving up. Countless times I felt things I never thought I'd be able to get over. But look at me today. However, the year 2011 also brought joy. So much joy. I look back and even re-read 2010 end of year New Year resolutions and I laugh. I have experienced so much growth, not only in my everyday life as a young woman but also in my walk with Jesus, my Savior, and the way I interact with others and perceive things. In this same year 2011, I launched my very own business, OMO OGO Naturals. In this same year, my parents finally started seeing the beauty in my natural hair. In this same year 2011, I let go of a whole lot of baggage and drama that just wasn't doing it for me no more. I let go of a lot of pain, heart breaks, broken promises, friends and missed opportunities. For the first time in so long, I was free from so many things that had been holding me down. The tremors felt seemed to have been necessary to my breaking free. Yes it hurt, but the pain didn't last because my joy came in the morning and with it, came sweet peace.

I have learnt to let go. I have gotten the more determined about my ambitions, dreams and plans and I am all the more stronger. I am not looking back to the past, or those that hurt me. I am not regretting the things I could have done otherwise or acquired if only I had known this or that. 
No, I am looking forward, forward to the things to come because you see, I am full of hope joy and peace.

Complaint is not in my tent no more, no, it has moved out and it does not reside in me no more. I thank God I am so grateful I am and have all I have. I might not have as much as you or exactly all I want but I know I've got all I need because His grace is sufficient for me [2 Corinthians 12 :  9]. I know there is someone out there that does not even have half of what I have. My heart breaks just at the thought of those going through the consequences of natural disasters, war and revolt. It could have been me in their shoes, but God has given me the grace to be where I am.

I have learnt to be content, grateful and joy that is not shaken by circumstances and right now, as the curtain falls on the year 2011 and the spotlight falls on 2012, I take a bow and look on to the New Year, with joy, hope, peace and love.

I wish you all a wonderful New Year, filled with joy, peace, love and strength for each and every day. I pray life into your family, jobs, relationships and studies and everything else in your life; I pray success in all you put your hand to do and I pray for perseverance for any challenge you might face. May you walk this year according to the will of God in each and everyone of your lives.
Amen.

So, regarding resolutions? There are somethings that are definitely going to change and I assure you, these changes will be perceived on my blog, Youtube channel, twitter and tumblr accounts. There is much to do but I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me [Philippians 4 : 13]. I am determined to grow in this New Year 2012 and continue my journey, according to God's guidance. I will not deny it, there will be challenges but with boldness and confidence, I await these challenges and stand on Christ who is my Rock [Psalm 27 : 1] knowing in my heart that I will only grow stronger and be molded by these challenges because they will definitely not break me but make me. I refuse to be sidetracked, confused or loose my focus. As I run this race, I run for God. Christ is my ultimate focus therefore in all I do, I refuse to become conformed to this world [Romans 12 : 2]. 

I believe that is enough said. 

I would like to say thank you for all your love, support, encouragement, prayers, inspiring words, comfort during this awesome year 2011. I pray God repays you in full 100 fold. 
I love you all and I cannot wait to journey into the New Year 2012 together, learning and sharing new and greater things!

Once again, wonderful New Year 2012 to you all!


3 comments:

  1. I appreciate the gratitude you expressed in this post. I also appreciate the scriptures you've intertwined in this post.
    The sentence that resounded most with me is "Complaint is not in my tent no more" because I can be one given to complaint and complaining is a sin.

    Keep Christ at your center and May you continue to walk in God's will for all of your days!
    God Bless You and Keep you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to drop unnecessary baggages so we can move forward. Holding all to do them will slow us down and make us tired. God will increase you this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Emme : AMEN sis!! Thank you for your prayers and lovely words! You are right, we are not to complain! Glory be to God for all! God bless you sis :)

    @ @ilola : Indeed sis! AMEN! Thank you and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top