"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, November 7, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Orúko

source




Orúko is the Yoruba word for name.

Orúko is a very important component of who we are, how we are identified in the society and even what we become.

Your orúko, whatever it is, represents in one way or the other, your background, family, origin and even future.

However, there is only one orúko but above all others, the most important orúko and the most powerful one of them all ; the only orúko by which we can be saved [Acts 4 : 12]  : Jesus Christ

May our names bring glory to God in all things! 
Amen!!

♥♥

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Amen Amen! I love my 'oruko'. It's beautiful...and there's never a day that goes by that I don't use my 'oruko', either in praising God or thanking him.

    forversweetlybroken.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ *Sweetly Broken : Glory be to God sis!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Sweetly broken said, I love my oruko! I'm grateful to my parents for giving me such a oruko that gives glory to God!


    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Matilda : Glory be to God! Thanks sis!

    @ FunTó : Yes, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top