"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Idupe

source


Idupe is the Yoruba word for thanksgiving.

In all things, we are to dupe (1 Thessalonians 5 : 18).

We are to be grateful to others and dupe.

Never take anything or anyone for granted,

but most importantly,

never take God for granted.

Remember, dupe.

May God help us live a life of thanksgiving
Amen!!

The nouns is : Idupe // The verb is : Dupe (Thank)  // A simple sentence is : Mo dupe lowo Oluwa fun aiye mi (I thank the Lord for my life) and mo dupe (Thank you NOTE : Ose/ese is also a way of saying thank you)

♥♥

3 comments:

  1. Hello:) I recently got Senegalese twists installed 3 weeks ago and I notice that my twists are realllyyy frizzy..... What does this mean exactly??? Does it mean that my hair is in bad condition because of the frizz??? Thank you for your time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon!
      Sorry for the late reply. Frizziness in twists can mean a number of things :

      1. wasn't tight enough
      2. the hair wasn't good quality
      3. too much moisture
      4. sleeping rough. Always remember to wear a satin cap or scarf before going to sleep

      I hope that helps, don't hesitate to ask anymore questions you may have ;)

      Delete
  2. If you have a lot of new growth and you twist it would it breakout your hair

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top