"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ere

source
Ere is the Yoruba word for game.

We all play ere, whatever the nature.

From childhood to adulthood, we are forever involved in this Ere or that Ere.

Whether it be board ere, mind ere or even life changing ere.

However, life is not a ere. Let's take everything we do seriously even with childish glee. 

What we do here counts. Don't play with life, your life or any other person's.

It's not an ere.

The nouns is : Ere // The verb is : Sere (play)  // A simple sentence is : Awon omode nife ere gon (children love games) and ma sere ju (don't play too much)

May God help us to take His gift of life to us seriously.
Amen!!

♥♥


2 comments:

  1. hmmm, now this pic makes me seriously consider dying my hair.

    What do you think?
    It'll really mess with the idea of being all natural right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ H : Yes, I know what you mean. And I was actually talking about hair coloring with a friend over the week end. Seriously, coloring your hair has nothing to do with being natural because it does not (if it does what it's supposed to do) mess with your hair texture. Now choosing a hair coloring method is the big thing. Many commercial ones out there seem to cause dryness and breakage for our hair but I am only talking from what I've seen and heard because I have never tried it. According to my research, I believe henna would be one of the best methods to use to color your hair. If you would really like some color, just do your research and GO for it! :) I hope that helps! Don't hesitate to ask anymore questions if you have them.

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top