"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, November 28, 2011

Countdown To Take Down

source


Blessings and love beauties!!
I pray your week has started out awesome.

It's been nearly 5 weeks since I've put in my box braids and I just can't wait to finally rock my own hair again. I love these braids, seriously I do and I'm glad I got them but I yearn to style my hair again. The take down date has not been marked on my calendar but God willing, I am looking to late next week or the beginning of the one after. I do not want to leave these braids in longer than 8 weeks and if I waited for that, it would clash with Christmas and thus I would not have the time. I also do not want to celebrate Christmas with these braids, not to talk of the New Year.
By considering the take down as of now, I am also thinking about my hair's health. I do cleanse, moisturize  and oil but I know my hair well enough to say, it's soon time for some serious TLC.

For now, I am trying to get the most out of my braids but the countdown has begun. 

How long do you leave your different protective styles in for?

♥♥

7 comments:

  1. I hear you! I start getting antsy around week 3 when I get box braids lol. Btw, I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you for all of your hard work on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I wore braids I was pregnant and I kept them in for 3 months! Yep, when your swollen and uncomfortable you do silly things to not mess with your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhmmn.... I am still considering whether to do box braids or not this december. I doubt if mine will still look neat after 5 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ 1BlessedNatural : Thank you sis!! I really appreciate it! It is always a pleasure! Thank you for all your support.

    @ JenJen : Wow, 3 months! Lol, I totally understand.

    @ Africa Naturalista : Yes, even 5 weeks is proving too long to me right now. If you do get them, just have fun with them and keep them as long as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love your braids, they make me want to get braids again even though i just took mine out a couple of months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Vee4ViBranT : Thank you sis!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting box braids. Mine won't be waist length. The will most likely be L. Will they still be heavy? How much growth can I expect if I leave them in..2 and a half months?✌

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top