"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, October 24, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Àlàáfíà

source



Àlàáfíà is the Yoruba word for peace.

We all need àlàáfíà in our minds, bodies, souls and relationships.

Àlàáfíà is a luxury no amount of money can buy.

Àlàáfíà is not dependent on your social status, gender or family. 

We are not born with àlàáfíà ... 

but only God can give it and only we can maintain it.

The nouns is : Àlàáfíà  // A simple sentence is : Àlàáfíà se pataki (peace is important)

May God help us be at peace and live in peace.
Amen!!


♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Isn't there a hair product line called Alaffia? Lol coincidence? Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Precious : Yes there is. I wonder if it has any connection with the Yoruba language. Thanks sis! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...finally..i know what this means...i keep hearing...Thank you oooo...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Matilda : lol. Glory be to God. It's always a pleasure sis :D

    @ Emme : :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. PEACE :) Alafia sourds better tho. lol. As always, I love the pic!

    www.thegreaterpurpose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. NawaO, someome's actually trying to teach Yoruba! Haha good stuff! I'm Nigerian-American, I commend your efforts! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ FunTó : Yes, you are right!! Thanks sis!!

    @ Tomi-chan : lol! Abi oo! Thanks for stopping by!! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top