"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weight Loss : October Update


source


Blessings and love beauties!!

It's that time of the month again...better late than never right?

Earlier today, I stood on the weighing machine and watched as the needle comfortable stopped and settled on one of the numbers. I did this multiple times just to be sure what it said was really true.

Before I get to what the weighing machine told me, let me just frankly say that this past month or so, when it comes to my eating habits, has been simply unsupervised. 
Yes, there were times were I indulged in fast - food delicacies and sugary pastries without a care.

Therefore, when the weighing machine told me I had gained about a kilo (2.2 lbs), I sure wasn't surprised. It wasn't shocking news...I was sort of expecting such an outcome. 

So far, it's been a long ten months on this healthy body challenge and overall, up until now, I am pleased with what I have learnt, seen, observed and experienced. It's far from being finished because this month's result only tells me there is still substantial work to be done in self - discipline, motivation, self - planning and in my schedule building.

Honestly, I think one of the main reasons I have not been able to keep up my healthy eating and exercising habits is because I always have one thing or the other going that makes my building a concrete routine very difficult. 

I am determined to keep up this journey and attain the very height of healthy eating and exercising. I ardently desire to start putting my dreams and aspirations into action. To begin,  I will start, by the grace of God, with little baby steps and from there, will take it higher.

I would like to also encourage those on a similar journey. Don't let your set - backs stop you. Keep on going, give yourself goals and try taking it one day at a time. Stay focused and keep in mind your ultimate objective -- this will always be a source of encouragement for the tough days.

Thank you all for your support so far!!

Are you on a similar journey? 
If so, what are your goals and achievements so far?
Do you have any tips? --  If so, please share.

♥♥

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget, muscle weighs more than fat. You may gain weight but lose inches. Check your waist line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am trying to lose weight. I gained 70 pounds when I was pregnant and to top it all off I have a thyroid problem. So far I have lost 32 pounds. My goal is to be back to my weight before I was pregnant by July 2012. My tip to you is to make working out fun. My son loves me to push him on his tricycle so I try to do this a couple of times a week. It's fun for him and I get a workout.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tomi-chan : Thank you for the tip!

    @ JenJen : Wow! You have come a long way! Congrats sis! Keep up the great work! Yes, I am looking for ways to make my work-out as fun as possible! Thank you for the tip sis!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top