"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Friday, October 7, 2011

Hair Update : What Went Wrong?

source



Blessings and love beauties!!

As I write this post, I am presently pre-pooing my hair. 

I took out the twists I put in last week today because they were starting to look 2 months old thanks to all the frizz....The results weren't so great. I had knots and tangles...I mean huge knots!
It was not even a joke. My hair was dry and refused to be moisturized after applying some products to it.

While applying my pre-poo mix, I discovered more knots and tangles...

I have therefore re-learnt a very valuable lesson I forgot before styling my hair :

ALWAYS stretch your hair properly before attempting to style

Period.

It's as simple as that.

Not only do your styles look better this way but your hair stays healthy and breakage stays away.

Check out this post by the lovely Natmane of Deepbrown & Kinks on how to stretch your hair with the threading method. I think this is the best method so far. 


What do you think?

♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know what happened! I'll remember to keep my hair stretched ... hope you didn't suffer too much breakage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about getting kinky twists but I want to make sure the stylist is going to moisturize my hair before putting them in so I have a solid base to continue to moisturize. Definitely will be stretching the hair as well before doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Precious : Thank you sis! It's a pleasure...Don't want anyone to make the same mistake.

    @ Vetsnatural : That sounds like a great idea sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip to follow hence forth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing!!
    I don't think the problem is about stretching properly before twisting. We have the same hair type(I think) and I tell you I have the same knotting problem when ever I twist my hair. The last time I attempted twist I kept them in french braids and a bun most of the time.This protected my ends and reduced knots
    I just shared the same piece of info with Coilybella so I'll share the same link with you http://deepbrownkinks.blogspot.com/2011/02/protective-style.html#links
    And here is a link to how I maintained the twists http://deepbrownkinks.blogspot.com/2011/02/wash-day.html#linkstwists

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ NikkiSho : Thanks sis!

    @ Natmane : It's a pleasure sis!! I do agree with you, i don't think the problem was entirely down to not stretching the hair but it was the number one! Thanks for the links sis!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hair. Natural hair to the world. Now following :) Check out my blog

    http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ SheDel : Thank you sis!! Thank you for stopping by and following too!! Will check out your blog asap *switches to stalk mode*

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top