"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Agbára


source


Agbára is the Yoruba word for power

Many are privileged with one type of agbára or the other...

but it's not the agbára that is important but rather how we use it.

Consider and make sure not to abuse your agbára. 

Be careful, that you do not put your agbára before others.

The noun is : Agbára // A simple sentence is : Mo ni agbára (I have power).


May God help us to use our agbára in ways pleasing to Him!
Amen!


4 comments:

  1. Indeed. I pray that God guides us to use our Agbára from him wisely! Peace and xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Emme : Amin! Thanks for passing by sis! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Alagbara means Almighty...i'm seeing a link between that word and agbara(power)....nice...i like learning new things....GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Matilda : Yes, alagbára is the Yoruba word for almighty...it basically means, the one that yields power, which can be used to translate almighty. God bless you too sis!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top