"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Monday, August 15, 2011

Yoruba Word Of The Week : Ìyàwó




 Ìyàwó is the Yoruba word for wife/bride.

Whether you are a Ìyàwó or one to be, let us glorify God for our title.

Let us strive to be the best Ìyàwó we can be, even in the smallest things.

Let us strive to be like the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31.

Let us strive to be like the Ìyàwó God wants us to be.

The noun is : Ìyàwó and a simple sentence : Mo ti di Ìyàwó" (I have become a wife/bride).


May our homes be blessed!
May we be fruitful!
May our unions be full of love!


♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Thank You. How would you say? I am the Bride of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Emme : Hey sis. I am the bride of Christ in Yoruba is : "Ìyàwó Christi ni mi"

    @ Tinuke : Thank you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely post! And Amen to the prayers Sis! May the Lord Bless our Unions!! Love it! And as always, love the picture!

    Iyawo Christi ni mi! Iyawo Proverbs 31! hahah

    Tell The World

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ H : Thank you for stopping by sis and for following!

    @ FunTó : Glory be to God sis!! AMEN! Yes love the pic too!! Ìyàwó Christi ni mi!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top