"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weight Loss : August Update

source



Blessings and love beauties!!

Eight months later, here I am, still into my weight loss journey...

I'd wanted to post this update from the beginning of the month but I'd been avoiding getting on the scale because I have not been watching my eating habits or getting any real exercise. So naturally, I was expecting to be heavier.
Frankly, I don't know why I was avoiding it so much, but I guess I didn't want to have a confirmation of what I already suspected or even maybe knew.

This past month has been the worst actually, when it comes to watching what I ate and exercising.
I indulged in sweets, cookies, too much fried food, junk food and didn't drink enough water.
I place the blame on my studying.
I have been studying for exams for more than a month now and personally, it's been tiring and energy consuming...thus why I sometimes found myself indulging in so many sugary snacks.

To me, this is not an excuse, and I am still working towards an exercising plan and trying to get back to all the healthy eating habits I acquired during the earlier months of this journey but right now, I am taking it one day at a time.

When I got on the scale today, with great hesitancy, I checked it out and I found that I was still more or less the same weight from my last update in July. I probably put on a few grams because the needle was a bit to the right.

I am not discouraged but I do feel I have some work to do. I would like to loose some more extra weight and get anchored in my healthy eating habits.

I encourage everyone on a journey like this to not give up, but rather, keep on going!! 
Take it one day at a time and stay focused!


What are your suggestions and ideas for me?

♥♥

8 comments:

  1. reduce portions when you eat:it works...ps:I havent lost weight deliberately before but its worked for friends so i recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your exams and weight loss journey!

    BTW, I am hosting a giveaway on my blog for Seisyn Jewelry...you can enter here: http://curlychellez.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-1-year-curliversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! you've done well so far :) try and have healthy sugary/fibrefull things to keep your energy levels up and always have breakfast. it's fine to snack as long as it's on fruits, nuts, seeds, etc. you can cut calories so much just by having seeded bread instead of white and brazils instead of chocolate covered ones. good luck :) xxx

    http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ideas for you are to get at least 30 minutes of cardio in a day and watch your portions, but eat more meals, and watch your sodium and sugar intake. If weight training or HIT training you can continue to eat carbs but just reduce slightly. I have been on a weight loss journey since April and have loss maybe 15 pounds but my body has changed as far as inches and a dress size down and looking more fit. I want to lose at least 20 pounds before the New Years and I will have to step my game up. I walk at least 90 mins at least 4-5 days per week. Track my meals and drink water and green tea only most days. Good luck and I will be checking back in with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm behind you in dis journey...trying to gain a lil weight unlike you...but i guess it's just opposites...it's all in da mind....hopefully we'll both achieve our goals with time...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Tilly : Thank you sis! I try to watch how much I eat...you are right it really does help!

    @ CurlyChellez : Thank you sis!!

    @ ronan : Great tips sis! Thanks! I used to buy dried mango instead of processed sugary snacks! I do need to work on eating a proper breakfast and avoiding white bread! Thanks again!

    @ Vetsnatural : Great tips sis! Thank you! I do need to work on exercising!! WOW! You've come a long way! Good luck on the rest!! THank you for stopping buy to give me some tips, it is much appreciated!

    @ xflashinLITESx : Good luck on your journey sis!! THank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you. I've also been taking in a lot of Sugar lately and snacking a lot due to studying. Thanks for all the advise. GOD BLESS U!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ FunTó : AMEEN! To that sis! Thank you! It's always a pleasure ;) God bless you too!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top