"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"

- Psalms 27 : 1

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What She Wore : Family Vintage



Blessings and love beauties beauties!!

I pray you have started the week well!

Last week, I decided to let this old shirt see the sunlight for the first time in a long while.
I believe it was my very first time wearing this shirt but it's been so long since my beautiful mom passed it to me that I cannot remember. This very shirt used to be my mom's shirt before she gave it to me and at the time I didn't really like it and I didn't know how to use it. At first, in my attempt to work with it, I took out the shoulder pads but I was too young to appreciate pure vintage and my love for vintage had not bloomed yet.
Over the years, my mom has given me other things like this but unfortunately, I don't even know where some of them are but I have started appreciating these lovely treasures my mom has passed down to me.
On that note, let me tell you a secret : vintage begins at home.


I have also been trying to get creative : after loosing my locket pendant, I decided to do something with the chain I used to wear it with and two old rings I barely ever wore and voilà, a new chain!











By the way, I am totally loving my colored pants and love experimenting with colors to match.



shirt : vintage // top + pants + belt + oxfords : primark // bag : italy


Do you have any family vintage?

♥♥

13 comments:

  1. i like your style....very simple

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this look! :D
    http://inmysundaybest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, yes vintage definitely begins at home. LOVE the purse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage does begin at home! U look as stunning as always! And I really like the vintage shirt!!!!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I also LOVE the olding-day stairs behind you! Gives the pic a cool old-fashioned look!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that jacket and the bag, it really brings out your outfit.

    and thanks for stopping by my blog =) appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Tilly : Thanks hun!

    @ In My Sunday Best : Thank you sis!! :D

    @ Kiki : Thank you sis! Yes indeed!

    @ FunTó : Thanks sis! Yes, indeed!

    @ TInuke : Thanks sis!

    @ Curly Film Chick : Thank you sis! It's a pleasure sis!! You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous outfit, has a vintage appeal!

    http://coilymystic.blogspot.com/
    http://zoelove.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Coily Mystic : Thanks sis!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice post and good inspiring ideas. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!
Thank you for stopping by! It really means a lot! Why don't you tell me what you think, ask a question if you have any or just show some love by leaving a comment? I would love to hear from you!
Funbi's
♥♥

back to top